Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doc62  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2023 12:19:08 PM(UTC)
Doc62

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am trying to do a short animation with a g8.1f that has both Breastacular & Golden Palace applied. When I render still images using Iray, no issues at all, and everything looks great. However, when I try to render even a 2-image Image Series, it was always failing on the second image with this error:

2023-07-27 11:56:05.892 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

I googled for a while and discovered that the "fix" for this was to set the Mesh Resolution -> Render SubD Level (Minimum) property for my character and all parented nodes to 1, and then it would render. However, after having done so, both the Breastacular & Golden Palace nodes become invisible.

Moreover, I discovered that if I set the View SubD Level to 1 then switch my viewport from Filiment to Iray, I can see the same effect in the viewport. I've attached images from the viewport for both scenarios for your reference.

I tried leaving the parent (g8.1f) at SubD 1 and then setting Breastacular & Shell at something higher, but that causes the renders to fail as described above.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Doc62 attached the following image(s):
pennySubD2.png
pennySubD1.png
Doc62  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2023 12:53:36 PM(UTC)
Doc62

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

OK, so no idea why this made a difference, but I played around a bit and got my image sequence to render.
Here's my current settings that have allowed me to get past the "Transaction is released without being committed or aborted" error:

1. Set SubD to 2 for both the viewport & the render.
  2. I had four different cameras and specifically turned off the headlight on each of them.
  3. In Render Settings, set Auto Headlamp to Never.
  4. Added a new HDRI (from Paper Tiger's Precision HDRI Lights package), picked an HDRI, rotated the dome, set dome intensity to 75%, turned rendering of dome & ground off.

And that's it. I was able to render all 121 images in my sequence without error.

So the good news is, it's working. What I'd really like to better understand is why the above changes resolved the issue.

Would appreciate any insights anyone has to offer. If nothing else, if somebody runs into this same issue in the future, they can see the work-around I came up with.

Doc62