Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gaylord  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2023 12:35:21 PM(UTC)
Gaylord

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Could anyone pinpoint me to where these chains and collars are from? I would highly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

davo  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2023 3:15:00 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
The collar (and cuffs not shown) are the standard Basic Iron Cuffs from just about any of my products that uses them (Davo). The chain is probably mine as well, all my chains are poseable, and I know that the Grungeon Core pack has some chains in it you can kit bash. The rusted iron texture is not mine, it's probably a custom shader that the artist applied.

Hope this helps.

Davo
Bumper2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2023 12:09:37 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Yes, the collars are definitely Davo's work. If suggest his 'Grungeon' core pack if you use Gen8, or 'Facility 1' if you do Gen3.

The chain looks to be Strings from Daz, which has a rusted material setting. I use it frequently. 'Strings' also includes things like neon lights, rope, brambles, and tape.
Gaylord  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2023 3:13:35 PM(UTC)
Gaylord

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post
The collar (and cuffs not shown) are the standard Basic Iron Cuffs from just about any of my products that uses them (Davo). The chain is probably mine as well, all my chains are poseable, and I know that the Grungeon Core pack has some chains in it you can kit bash. The rusted iron texture is not mine, it's probably a custom shader that the artist applied.

Hope this helps.

Davo

You have so many assets on the store that I get overwhelmed Davo hahah. Could you recommend one? That includes those collar and cuffs? Preferebly with other medieval assets?

Gaylord  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2023 4:45:41 PM(UTC)
Gaylord

Would the "Grand Inquisitor Core Package" have these chains and collars?
davo  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2023 10:09:59 PM(UTC)
davo

Absolutely, the grand inquitor core package has the collars, cuffs and a few chain sets. I do not have a rusty texture but there are some material shader packages out there that you can apply to the materials on the cuffs and collar.
Gaylord  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2023 12:12:27 PM(UTC)
Gaylord

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post
Absolutely, the grand inquitor core package has the collars, cuffs and a few chain sets. I do not have a rusty texture but there are some material shader packages out there that you can apply to the materials on the cuffs and collar.

Thank you for the response! Does anyone of your packs include wooden pillory handcuffs? Like the image examples below. Thanks again!
Person in black dress with brown wooden handcuffs illustration HD wallpaper  | Wallpaper Flare

The Mysterious Assassin (Fate Apocrypha x Male Reader) - The Virgin Departs  - Wattpad

davo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2023 1:14:17 PM(UTC)
davo

I have something like that in my Dungeon Pack 12 "chain gang 2" but it hasn't been converted over to DS, you'd have to update the textures and if you wanted to save it, you'd have to save it as a scene subset to your personal library after you updated the textures to work in DS.

Davo
ZenMaster3D  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2023 6:28:49 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Maybe a little bit offtopic-ish (sorry) but I just want to share that if you buy into any assets from Davo then you're buying into some serious quality. On multiple levels. 

Take chains for example...  when posing chains then the way they're 'rigged' is extremely important. This also applies to, say, hoses or tubes. Some vendors seem to assume (note: this is just my theory!) that you'll simply reply on premade poses. I assume as much because I've seen a lot of "pose packs" come along for things like rope and chains. So yah, there are also many chains in several of Davo's products and you can do anything with 'm. The rigging is more than often done in very useful ways which make it really "easy" (within context!) to pose all that stuff yourself.

Like I said: this is quality on so many levels. For example: what about the textures?  And when talking Daz Studio: the surfaces. Many of Davo's props are really nifty when it comes to the use of surfaces and texture which allows you to customize almost everything. One of his bundles has a camera prop. If you add it to your scene it'll have a red light on top to indicate that it's active. But what if you want a scene where the villain threatens with a recording? Easy: enable the surface selector in Daz Studio, click on the 'light' and change the base color to, say, black or so. No more red light.

It's small things like that which really matter to me in my setups because they make my life a lot easier, and IMO customizations are key for when you want to try and stand out a bit.

Figured I'd share...  I've just finished a render using some "Pulp Noir" assets and when I saw this thread couldn't help but comment ;)