Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 10:33:34 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)

Several times I have replied to a PM with a lengthy message and hit the send button only to be blocked with the "this members mailbox is full" or some such message.  Can the site software be tweaked so that the original sender gets an administrative type PM that overrides other messages they may have and tell them to dump some emails or maybe even have new PM's overwrite the oldest message the person has?  Leaving messages in the community forum sometimes doesn't get to the original sender as they might not be that involved with the community.

Cheers,

Davo

thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Sutut on 3/11/2023(UTC)
RangerRabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 5:44:34 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Mailbox limits are part of the site's ability to control and slow down spammers. The mailbox limits are set quite low for Newbie members, but everyone gets a message that shows how full their mailboxes are. To control spammers who create an account and start sending messages get stopped when they hit 10 sent because that's the limit of the Newbie Mailbox. People can increase the size of their Mailbox by being involved in the forums. Once a Newbie user has posted 10 Forum Posts, they get upgraded to the next level that increases their mailbox size. Be active and get rewarded. We won't make changes to the PM mailboxes as it has dramatically helped to control the spamming on the site since we made the changes. I'm sorry it can be frustrating when members don't pay attention to their mailbox sizes and then wonder why nobody ever sends them messages.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
G315t  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2023 1:04:13 PM(UTC)
G315t

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
The system is annoying. And it also drives at least some users away from the site.
I know that, because I got a PM and was not able to respond to it because of a full mailbox.
A few weeks later, I was able to find the user who PMed me by pure coincidence in a discord server.
And he told me that he was annoyed that no one answered him to PMs here and he did not know about the limit and never got any notification. He now is using another site to keep in touch with artist instead.