Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pushee-Ri  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 8:25:12 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)

Hi FrecklezRay1998,

I have never paid attention to this before and just tried a product I bought some years ago: "Valid until" said 2021 - but after resetting the download, the date jumped to 03.15.2023 and the .zips etc. show up. So apparently no reason to worry.

Perhaps more experienced members can say more about it.

-----------------------------

A cigarette and some coffee later:

As written I never paid attention to it - but one possible explanation is: the time mentioned is the time frame in which you can download the product without having to reset it. After this period you have to reset the download first ... and you can do that - as far as I know - only three times. So it's best to always make a backup copy of the .zip before installing.

Have a nice day!

Edited by user Saturday, March 11, 2023 8:41:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added some information

thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
FrecklezRay1998 on 3/11/2023(UTC)
FrecklezRay1998  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 9:05:51 AM(UTC)
FrecklezRay1998

Hey, rollemops,

Thank you for your reply. Like I said, I'm new here and previously only bought and purchased products from the Daz's own website store. So, I've never seen that before. I only use the products I purchase for my own person use, and I'm really enjoying the software and my purchased stuff. I was just wondering what that meant as I've never seen that anywhere else before on any other websites where I've gotten products for Daz Studio.

Thank you for your reply again!

You have a nice day also!
BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 2:34:42 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Store software is set to only give you a limited download window. Valid Until is showing that window, or in the case of old items when the previous window ended, However once an item is purchased access to the products stays in your account permanently (Even if a product is later pulled from the store you will still have access) all you need to do if the Valid till window closes is reset the download, and you will be given a new window to download the product in. 

There are also cases where the store will auto reset the downloads ie. if there is an update released.

Hope this helps

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
FrecklezRay1998  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 4:35:16 PM(UTC)
FrecklezRay1998

Hey, BrotherHades,

Thank you for your reply. That is good to know. I was just confused as I'd never came across anything like that when purchasing stuff on other sites. Thank you for letting me know, it does help a lot.

RangerRabbit  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 5:51:52 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

The Valid Until just lets you know when the current Download link will expire. The reason for the temporary download link is because we auto-inject the most current version of the License into the zip file at the time of download, so if there is an update to the license, it would be injected the next time you reset your download. The temporary file is then created and stored in a secure place that only you can access and when the expiry date hits, the temporary download file is destroyed. If you ever need to redownload a file that has expired, just click the Reset Download Button and it will create a new Download file for you.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 1 user thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
FrecklezRay1998  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 8:24:56 PM(UTC)
FrecklezRay1998

Thank you for your response, RangerRabbit.