Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghosty001  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 11:43:09 PM(UTC)
ghosty001

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I was wondering why I am unable to Parent the Natural Growler NG Pro hair props to their respective holders. When I try parent them, the hair props will move when I move the character, which is a bit of a hassle. I am wanting to tidy the scene list, and not have a long list of scene elements when I have multiple figures and what not in a scene.

The strange thing is when I use Golden Palace, and your Golden Growler Pro product, I can parent the hair product to the holder, with no issue of the hair prop moving when I move the figure.

In the end I can only gather that the reason would be how New Genitalia for Victoria 8 and Golden Palace G8 work.

lightBLUE  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2023 5:20:17 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
As stated in the README and Instructions file, parenting may cause undesired behaviour; therefore, it should be avoided with any strand-based hair product.
This is not only valid for this product but for any product made with SBH. When parented SBH prop transforms get all messed up.

If this is purely an organizational issue, I suppose you could always make an empty object (null) or a group and organize the scene that way.
ghosty001  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2023 9:24:46 AM(UTC)
ghosty001

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Ahh k, thank you for the info, it is a shame that strand based hair does this sort of thing. :(