Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inquire  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 3:17:58 PM(UTC)
inquire

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Fender Bender Doesn't Recognize a G8.1 Male, as far as my being able to apply Mat Copy to the Fender Bender. It does work with G8 Males.

I even have a script that's supposed to make G8.1 Ms appear as G8 Ms for the purpose of applying clothing or props. It does not help in this case.

I get a dialogue saying that I must select a G8 Male.

Is there a way to get around this. Is an update possible to get Fender Bender to work with G8.1 Males?

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 6:00:01 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Fender Blender is one of the products still waiting for a full update to G8.1. Meipe did make an update script available to hold over till the full update gets done though. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/3/2022(UTC)
inquire  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 11:57:23 AM(UTC)
inquire

Thank you, BrotherHades, for answering, and for this script. I'll give it a try.
inquire  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 2:55:37 PM(UTC)
inquire

Well, I've tried it and I've been working on Fender Bender with the script for G8.1M. It does copy the materials, but it ends up too light. There's a noticeable difference between the FB and the thighs below. I've tried to edit the color. I've copied surfaces from the body of the G8.1, and then pasted to surfaces on FB. Nope, not satisfactory. I've gone into surfaces and tried editing the Translucency color, to make it darker. Still not satisfactory.

Is there something that I'm missing. Why do I end up with a color on FB that's too light?

BrotherHades  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 10:43:05 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: inquire Go to Quoted Post

Well, I've tried it and I've been working on Fender Bender with the script for G8.1M. It does copy the materials, but it ends up too light. There's a noticeable difference between the FB and the thighs below. I've tried to edit the color. I've copied surfaces from the body of the G8.1, and then pasted to surfaces on FB. Nope, not satisfactory. I've gone into surfaces and tried editing the Translucency color, to make it darker. Still not satisfactory.

Is there something that I'm missing. Why do I end up with a color on FB that's too light?

It could be due to mismatched shaders, the scripts in my experience only apply PBRSkin about 15% of the time, most of the time the scripts keep Iray Uber, which will cause a mismatch, the fix isn't too hard either. go to the surfaces on the Fender Blender, select the torso, look at the top where it says Shader: Make sure it says PBRSkin, if it doesn't you'll need to manually apply the PBRSkin shader. 

inquire  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2022 1:42:20 PM(UTC)
inquire

Thanks, again, BrotherHades. This time, when I checked, I did see PBR Skin (MDL) and it did render with a match.

Another issue I've found is that the Fender Bender, at least on the G8.1Ms comes in as unparented, and so it tends to be left behind when I move the G8.1M. I'm not sure what to parent it to. I've tried both Dicktator, and the G8.1M's Hip. Is there anything better? I'm going to try to post a screen shot, in which the character is bend over, and you can see part of the Fender Bender protruding out beyond the character's buttocks. I did use the Y Transition dial to move it back up. Also, sometimes the X Transition dial has to be used to move the Fender Bender (with the hip of the Fender Bender being selected in both of these cases) a little to the left or to the right side of the G8.1M. So, am I doing something wrong; or is there a better way to parent the Fender Bender to the G8.1M; or is this something that needs the update to Fender Bender to resolve?

inquire attached the following image(s):
FenderBender Sliding Around.png
BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2022 5:02:11 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Thanks, again, BrotherHades. This time, when I checked, I did see PBR Skin (MDL) and it did render with a match.

Another issue I've found is that the Fender Bender, at least on the G8.1Ms comes in as unparented, and so it tends to be left behind when I move the G8.1M. I'm not sure what to parent it to. I've tried both Dicktator, and the G8.1M's Hip. Is there anything better? I'm going to try to post a screen shot, in which the character is bend over, and you can see part of the Fender Bender protruding out beyond the character's buttocks. I did use the Y Transition dial to move it back up. Also, sometimes the X Transition dial has to be used to move the Fender Bender (with the hip of the Fender Bender being selected in both of these cases) a little to the left or to the right side of the G8.1M. So, am I doing something wrong; or is there a better way to parent the Fender Bender to the G8.1M; or is this something that needs the update to Fender Bender to resolve?

If you load in the graft with G8.1 selected it should automatically fit to G8.1M, with it being a graft it shouldn't be parented (Though Daz Studio will sometimes "parent in place" when items are fit to the figure) Parenting should be used when dealing with static props, not rigged items (Though as an aside here there are some instances where it benefits using a rigged prop as a static prop, at least when dealing with legacy products like conforming hair from pre genesis era, you can parent the hair to the head and use it with figures it isn't rigged for) but with grafts it should be as easy as "fitting to the figure if it didn't fit to automatically.

Which tools in the scene are you using? If you are using things like Geometry Editor, Joint Editor, Mesh Grabber, and a few other tools, they break graft functionality while selected. Luckily selecting a different tool will usually fix the functionality back to normal, I tend to use the Node Selection tool put things back. One way to tell if the tool you're using has broken the graft functioning, if you can see the mesh surface under where the graft is, as when functioning properly the graft replaces the underlying mesh, so if in the case of fender blender, if you can see G8 Males buttocks under where Fender Blender is than the tool you selected has broken graft functionality. The grafts should fit to the figure as long as the figure is selected when graft is loaded, and it replaces/hides the underlying mesh as long as graft is actively functioning (To test in the scene tab when graft is applied click the eye beside the graft, the graft should disappear and leave a hole in the mesh.)  

inquire  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2022 11:53:43 AM(UTC)
inquire

Well, I do have G8.1M selected when I apply Fender Bender. I guess I need to select "Fit to" then. (I'm on a Macintosh, if that makes a difference.) I'm only using the Universal Select Tool and the little camera icon for spot rendering.

In the case of Cover Up, which I don't have, if I were to buy it, would the same conditions apply? That is, does it have a tendency to load DAZ Uber shaders instead of PBR shaders? Does it work with the G8.1Ms, or only with the G8Ms? Does it apply easily and fit over the Dicktator Shaft? Or, does it even work with the G8.1Ms?

Meipe  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 1:06:29 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)

In the case of Cover Up, (...) does it have a tendency to load DAZ Uber shaders instead of PBR shaders?

As long as PBR shaders do not support transparency, I'll use UBER on the geoshells.

Does it work with the G8.1Ms, or only with the G8Ms? Does it apply easily and fit over the Dicktator Shaft? Or, does it even work with the G8.1Ms?

Yes it works with GM8.1... Use the green icons for that.

Meipe attached the following image(s):
CU 8.1.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
Kaprosuchus on 3/5/2023(UTC)
inquire  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 2:40:38 PM(UTC)
inquire

Thank you very much, Meipe, for answering.