Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gaylord  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 8:57:06 AM(UTC)
Gaylord

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

When I load the Dicktator for 8.1 I get this white boxes on the root of the penis. Looks like this:

I load each of the following step-by-step.

"Dicktator Genitalia 0.3"

"Dicktator Material Copy V3_GM8_1"

"Dicktator_Shell_GM8_1"

Yet I still get issues. Is there anyway for me to fix it or has it more to do with Dicktator not supporting all G8.1 charachters for whatever reason? Do Meipe need to fix the materials for every single charachter in the Daz for them to be compatible with Dicktator? Isn't that a tremendeous task?

I made a post a while back asking for this same thing. I'm not really the tech-savy person so I couldn't really comprehend what was being said to me. Hope that I'll get it this time. Any sort of help would be appreciated!

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 2:08:37 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Do you have more than 1 graft or shell being used. This looks like the bug/feature where Daz Studio is adding the material zones for other grafts etc to the shell,  and as the shell doesn't have information for that material zone, it defaults to white. Easy fix is to select each and every shell in the scene and run the included shell fix scripts on all the shells. (Keep in mind there are some grafts and items that use shells but don't use the shell name, example being the moisture and color layers on New Gens. There are others but that is the only example that popped in my mind) 

Though I'll add it looks like you are also dealing with a slight amount of distortion where the graft isn't following the figures scaling/morphs completely. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Gaylord  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2022 3:08:27 AM(UTC)
Gaylord

I'm not using more than 1 graft on the charachter. You said "slight amount of distortion where the graft isn't following the figures scaling/morphs completely.". If this is the case, what's the solution for this?
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2022 1:19:13 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 615 post(s)
BrotherHades  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2022 5:18:23 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Gaylord Go to Quoted Post
I'm not using more than 1 graft on the charachter. You said "slight amount of distortion where the graft isn't following the figures scaling/morphs completely.". If this is the case, what's the solution for this?

There are dForms (Basically similar system to Poser's Magnets) or you could try making a rigidity map, or there is always the post work option. If Poser was an option with that little bit of distortion I would say just use the morph brush on it, but sadly Daz Studio doesn't have a built in mesh correction option that works as easily as the Poser morph brush. There are also a few third party options like Mesh Grabber that might work. Though using mesh grabber can be tricky as when you switch to certain tools like geometry editor, and mesh grabber, it will break the graft feature until you choose a different tool again like the node selector, so you would be largely working blind, and having to select tool move the mesh around and then change to node selection to see if your adjustments worked or not. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 10/16/2022(UTC)
Gaylord  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2022 7:54:44 AM(UTC)
Gaylord

Hello guys, I solved it by loading a DAZ3D G8.1 default character and then adding different morphs unto him with dicktator. Instead of loading dicktator unto a custom G8.1 character. I hope my explanation makes sense.

thanks 1 user thanked Gaylord for this useful post.
Meipe on 10/24/2022(UTC)
Meipe  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2022 12:45:39 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 615 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Gaylord Go to Quoted Post

Hello guys, I solved it by loading a DAZ3D G8.1 default character and then adding different morphs unto him with dicktator. Instead of loading dicktator unto a custom G8.1 character. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Absolutely, custom characters are loaded with edited names, so the material copy script may not recognize them.

inquire  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 1:15:22 PM(UTC)
inquire

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have this issue also, l but I think there are more bugs, which I'll post shortly. I just bought Dictator for G8/G8.1, and Cocky Clackers and Pole Palette in the last two days. I'm on a Power Macintosh, running OS Monterey 12.6.1, and DAZ Studio version 4.21.0.5. But this is supposed to be compatible with Macintosh as well as Windows, right? Still, I thought that I'd better let you know that I'm on a Macintosh. The OS 12.6.1 is the latest other than Ventura, and it's probably more stable than Ventura right now.