Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 9:11:40 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I have noticed that every once in a while when I am using the Geometry Editor (say to erase an unrelated piece on another item), GP's textures aren't saved correctly and get lost. Normally I notice this long after I had edited the geometry and after I've saved. I have tried saving the GP shell as Mat presets and Shading presets, and even Scene Subsets with no luck. It's like Daz is losing the info in the temp files. I thought I remembered you can't save a shell as an asset, but I may be mistaken on that. The other possibility I thought of was flattening the shell, but when I came here to look for solutions, I saw the process doesn't work that great so I'm not sure if I should even get into that. I am a mid-level user and by no means an expert - the one time I tried to transfer shell maps back and forth I couldn't get it to work (with the Battle Ready shell I think). Anyway, if anyone has any advice on how to ensure the GP shells can be saved in a way that can be then used by Daz, I would appreciate the help.

PhantasyMaster99

haruchai  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 5:54:16 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Maybe a stupid question but can you not just rerun the MAT copy script again? (probably missed something in what you're trying to achieve)

PhantasyMaster99  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 6:43:42 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Because it resets all the textures from Pussy Wizard.
BrimstoneOmega  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 5:13:46 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Can't you just save as a material preset?

I've never had the issue you are having, and I've never needed to make one, but it should be fairly simple. Select it in your scene tab, and save it as a material preset.
BrimstoneOmega attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2022-08-30 172647.png
PhantasyMaster99  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 10:16:36 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

I did not think of saving the character as a scene subset (I rarely work on these more than once) but that is a good practice. I will do it in the future and hopefully it won't get corrupted! And it is entirely possible I messed up saving the Mat preset - I don't know how, it's very straightforward, but I was working late at night. I'll try testing when I get the opportunity if I can find the scenes where this happened.
BrimstoneOmega  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2022 6:10:24 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post
I did not think of saving the character as a scene subset (I rarely work on these more than once) but that is a good practice. I will do it in the future and hopefully it won't get corrupted! And it is entirely possible I messed up saving the Mat preset - I don't know how, it's very straightforward, but I was working late at night. I'll try testing when I get the opportunity if I can find the scenes where this happened.

I mean, when you load the textures from Pussy Wizard, you're just loading a Mat Preset. I don't know why it wouldn't work, but like I said, I've not specifically tried to save out a mat preset for the shells, or even run into that issue you're having. Granted I don't really use the geometry editor all that much, but I have, to take care of odd deformed stands of hair or to fix clothing, poke throughs, and those kinds of small things. 

I dunno, wish I could be more help

Meipe  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2022 11:17:23 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)