Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chealla  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 7:37:39 AM(UTC)
Chealla

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I've been playing around with importing Daz models using GP and Brestacular into Unreal 5 and it's almost working now with the Genesis 8 model. The only barrier is the textures, they look pretty funky.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Vagina

Breasts

I also messed around with Daz -> Blender -> FBX into Unreal and Brestacular actually comes up perfect, however GP still has some texture issues.

Edited by user Monday, August 29, 2022 12:07:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 4:46:00 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I'm not sure if there is a way to fix it, as it looks like when transferring to Unreal the Geo-Graft is being broken, as the commands in Daz Studio that tell it to hide the mesh under the Graft are not carrying over, so you are getting Genesis 8 Female's mesh and the Graft meshes intersecting by trying to occupy the same space, or alternately it could be an issue with the geoshells not transferring. Sadly I don't see this changing unless the Unreal community come up with a Daz to Unreal bridge to compete with Daz's bridge (Similar to Diffeomorphic Bridge for Blender) as Daz has stated they are not going to do the work in their bridges to make 3rd party grafts transfer. So unless someone else has created a different bridge or a different work around, as Geo-Grafts and Geoshells use Daz Studio coding to work, they won't automatically transfer to another program. So until either Daz changes their minds and works to enable 3rd party grafts and geoshells to transfer, or another Unreal bridge that can handle 3rd party grafts exists, short of being able to export with the meshes merged from Daz Studio (Or deleting/not using the shells, if the shells are the problem. Of course then you are stuck without the shell textures) I can't think of a fix.

Might be worth trying to send to unreal without using the shells on breastacular or Golden Palace, and see if the shells are the problem, or if the grafts themselves are the problem.

Chealla  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 9:58:17 PM(UTC)
Chealla

I think it's the shells that are the problem like you said, I messed around with a few different boobs and on some of the smaller ones you could see the Gen 8 model poking though.

It's a shame that there's not something like Diffeomorphic but for Unreal, as that plugin works pretty good for getting models with geographs out to Blender. I've tried going Daz -> Blender -> Unreal using Diffeomorphic but once you send them over from Blender the same thing happens in Unreal.

I think once this does work well we'll see a flood of new interactive adult games in Unreal or even Unity. This is really the only barrier stopping me from continuing work on mine.

Meipe  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 1:19:51 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Chealla  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 6:47:13 AM(UTC)
Chealla

I'm getting so close to getting this working successfully. I ended up following the advice you linked Meipe by copying the UVs in Daz as well as going the Diffeomorphic route out to Blender first. In Blender everything works great and I've also managed to get Brestacular and its texture to transfer perfectly to Unreal so far.

However, GP still alludes me. I've gotten as far as merging the geographs onto the main mesh in Blender and I can delete the Gens and the vagina shows up textured perfectly there. After exporting to FBX and importing to Unreal however although the mesh is now great the actual texture doesn't transfer across no matter what I do. It's like the textures just aren't transferring properly:

Note that if I manually create the Labia Minora material in Unreal and apply it and reuse the regular torso materials on the shell area it looks "good enough". I'd rather transfer the actual materials though.

Does anyone have any advice how to get these to transfer across too?

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2022 7:04:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified