Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 6:26:30 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi! I just bought the High Resolution Physics Breasts for G8F & G8.1F and seem to be having an issue. Everything works fine until I use the Physics calculator. The first time it does ok, but after that it doesn't seem to have any further effect. I have tried breasts of various sizes and on extreme settings but get little movement, despite the figure bending down and then stretching up. It looks realistic, but I was hoping that I could play with the settings for the bounciness effect and to sim actual breast movement. I thought the breasts would move substantially when I cranked up Bounciness and pulled down Drag Coefficient and Friction Surface. 

Does the Physics engine overwrite onto the timeline when you change the values and recalculate, or do I have to reload the breasts each time I want to change the Physics values? 

Does Mass refer to the mass of the breasts or something else? I can't see any effect by lowering or raising it.

Does the physics engine take into account the size of the breasts?

At this point, I grafted the HRP Breasts, created a timeline with a pose at 30 and 60 and return to pose at 90. I then morphed the breasts to where they were large and ran the Physics calculator. After a moment, it populated the timeline. It worked ok, but I wanted more bounce so I went back and changed the settings but couldn't get any effect. 

Is this the proper workflow or should I apply breast size changes first?

And the size morphs in the HRP Breasts appear to mainly work with the nipple area and not the breasts themselves, am I missing a group of morphs?

Thanks for the help everyone!

kaluma  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 7:58:59 PM(UTC)
kaluma

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi PhantasyMaster99!

The physics are calculated from the figures movement (except of the gravity). So if the movement of the figure is subtle, the breast physics will be subtle too.
The limits in the calculator UI are maybe a bit strict. I did only test them for realism. Maybe I should make an option to put in more extreme values.

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post

Does the Physics engine overwrite onto the timeline when you change the values and recalculate, or do I have to reload the breasts each time I want to change the Physics values?

You don't have to reload the breasts. Be sure to hit the "Calculate" button every time you make changes on the physics settings or the movement of your figure.

Does Mass refer to the mass of the breasts or something else? I can't see any effect by lowering or raising it.

It's the mass of the breasts and it affects inertia. If you want maximum bounciness you should set it very low.

Does the physics engine take into account the size of the breasts?

No, it doesn't. You have to adjust the values manually. The default settings are tested for the default breast size of G8F. So if you have bigger breast you should raise the mass and the friction surface for realistic results.

Is this the proper workflow or should I apply breast size changes first?

It should be no difference, because the G8F morphs will affect the graft too, regardless of wether it is applied before or after. So your workflow should be fine.

And the size morphs in the HRP Breasts appear to mainly work with the nipple area and not the breasts themselves, am I missing a group of morphs?

Yes, it's all for the areola/nipple area. To be honest, I thought there is a default morph for breast size within the G8F figure but I just saw that I was wrong about that. I will make some morphs for it with the next update.

I hope this answers your questions. I will soon upload an updated version.

Thank you and have a nice day!
kaluma

PhantasyMaster99  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 10:42:27 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Thank you for the quick response and info. And yeah, there are like 20 thousand breast morphs so I think anyone buying this product would like have plenty to choose from already. I would be very interested in removing limits from values if you choose to do that in the future to give the crazy bounciness results. I'm finding that some extreme nipple materials are giving slight seams, but I may not have centered the nipple remover properly and dialed the normals out too much for the nipple I was using. All in all, this is a great product and I am very satisfied. Wrt geoshells, for anyone reading this for guidance, is making the HRP breast section of the shell Iray and copying Torso textures to it pretty much the solution with those?

One more thing I thought of...what is the basic ratio of Mass and Friction Surface to breast size, since PHRB doesn't do it automatically? Just so I have a basic idea. I mean, is like Dolly Parton sized breasts (I'm guessing over 3x normal size) x3 the base numbers, or does it increase exponentially? I'm sorry, I'm not very good at math and don't have a good idea of what the numbers should be at different breast sizes.

Thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, July 26, 2022 10:57:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

marble51  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2022 8:19:11 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Hi, This looks an interesting product but I have one question at the moment. I currently use the @Meipe Headlights product for more realistic looking nipples but I can't see from the promo renders of your product whether there are any nipple morphs (bigger, extended, wrinkles, indents for the tip, etc.). 

Well, now I have thought of a second question: in the past I have bought several breast physics products and have found that in order to get any realism, an animation of too many frames is required. What I often do with animations is to make a short clip, take it to a video editor and reverse it then join the two together and loop the the joined clip. So I start with a very short animation of perhaps 30 frames. Is that enough to see any movement using your physics simulator?

MODEI  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2022 9:52:09 AM(UTC)
MODEI

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can this product simulate breast soft effect in scenes rendering like dforce simulation may I ask ?
kaluma  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 7:55:03 AM(UTC)
kaluma

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marble51 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, This looks an interesting product but I have one question at the moment. I currently use the @Meipe Headlights product for more realistic looking nipples but I can't see from the promo renders of your product whether there are any nipple morphs (bigger, extended, wrinkles, indents for the tip, etc.).

Hi. Yes, there are nipple morphs for shape, size, etc. But unfortunately I can't say if they are similar to meipe's headlights, because I don't have this product.

Originally Posted by: marble51 Go to Quoted Post

Well, now I have thought of a second question: in the past I have bought several breast physics products and have found that in order to get any realism, an animation of too many frames is required. What I often do with animations is to make a short clip, take it to a video editor and reverse it then join the two together and loop the the joined clip. So I start with a very short animation of perhaps 30 frames. Is that enough to see any movement using your physics simulator?

Yes, I did most of the testings in a few frames, so this will work. But the physics are dependent on the movement of your figure. So if you have a very subtle movement you will also have very subtle breast physics.

Quote:

Can this product simulate breast soft effect in scenes rendering like dforce simulation may I ask ?

No, it can't do that.
It's movement based phyics only.