Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DirtyMindDesigns  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 1:54:44 PM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey there!

I'm still trying to get Ultimate Skin Moisture to work with NewGens on G8.1F. I have laid out what I'm doing here, in hopes that someone might be able to push me a little farther down the road or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

So here are the steps I'm taking with a few screenshots:

1. Load G8.1F

2. Apply NewGens

3. Apply USM

4. Select NewGens, go to Surfaces tab, select 'Genitalia', right click, select 'Copy Selected Surfaces'

5. Select USM shell, go to Surfaces tab, select 'new_gens_v8_1840_Genitalia', right click, select 'Paste to Selected Surfaces'
The surface attributes are updated.

6. Click the 'Specular Color' and select 'Browse'. Locate and select the texture file used by the 'Genitalia' surface of the NewGens, which is 'G8_1FBaseBodyMapD_1003.jpg'
The surface is updated and the gloss effect appears to be applied, but the NewGens texture doesn't match the rest of the body.

Again, any help with what I may be missing or doing wrong is super appreciated!

We're all Dirty Minded... so let's make some Filthy Art!
Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2022 10:10:23 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

I haven't missed this, but it will be a few more hours before I can look into it :)

Also your images aren't showing up in the thread, could you email them to the email address in the readme file? Thanks! :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
DirtyMindDesigns on 6/2/2022(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2022 12:38:34 PM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Thanks, will do!
DirtyMindDesigns  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 4:15:22 PM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Hey all! Thanks to the help of Thunder-3D I've managed to work this out.

Here are the steps to get USM working with G8.1F and NewGens:

1. Load G8.1F
2. Load NewGens
3. Load USM.
4. Select the USM shell in the Scene tab
5. Go to the Surfaces tab and with the USM Shell selected, select both of the following:
new_gens_V8_1840_Anus
new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia
6. Apply the Iray Uber Base to these two surfaces
7. Right click on the 'Body' area for G8.1F, or the 'Torso' area for G8F, and select 'Copy Selected Surface(s)'
8. Right click on both select both 'new_gens_V8_1840_Anus' and 'new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia' and select 'Paste to Selected Surface(s)'
9. Still with both 'new_gens_V8_1840_Anus' and 'new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia' selected, scroll down to the 'UV Set' dropdown and select 'Base Female'

The USM shell should be working normally now.

If you change the material used on USM, repeat steps 8 and 9.

I hope this helps and super big thank you to Thunder-3D for helping me figure it out!
thanks 2 users thanked DirtyMindDesigns for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 6/3/2022(UTC), redshadow on 9/26/2022(UTC)
DJ22  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 8:46:51 AM(UTC)
DJ22

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First time posting here so I hope I'm not breaking rules by posting to a month old thread. I was trying to fix this same issue and came across your post which was very helpful and lead me in the right direction. I had some trouble following exactly this process listed so I'm posing my own notes on what I did to fix the dreaded white crotch! I'm assuming you've loaded a character, have applied the USM shell, and have a newgens loaded at this point. I also got it working on dbxxx_XY male ones, so I've included that too.

Thunder-3D Ultimate skin moisture (tested under genesis 8.1 female)
1. Select USM shell and from the surfaces tab select 'new_gens_V8_1840_Anus' and 'new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia'
2. Go into the Presets tab and navigate to Shaders/iray. Select !Iray Uber Base.
3. Back in the Editor right click the "body" entry, right click and copy settings
4. Select the 'new_gens_V8_1840_Anus' and 'new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia' entries and paste the body surface settings into these two items

Thunder-3D Ultimate skin moisture with XY gens (tested under genesis 8 male)
1. Select USM shell and from the surfaces tab select 'XY_Default' and 'XY_Torso'
2. Go into the Presets tab and navigate to Shaders/iray. Select !Iray Uber Base.
3. Back in the Editor select the "torso" entry, right click and copy settings
4. select 'XY_Default' and 'XY_Torso' and paste in the shader settings --- This will make the pubic region work, but not the... main part of it
Two options here
5. Select the USM Shell and go to the parameters tab. Find 'Offset Distance (cm)' and set it to 0.15. This should raise the USM shell above anything used by XY. (This makes the oil/wetness float, which I don't like)
OR
5. Select the XY_Shell and under the surfaces tab, XY_Default entry, select displacement strength and set it to 0 or 0.0001. This does change the look of the 'item' a little making it smoother, but the reflections from the USM hide this.

That seemed to work for me. It's probably exactly what was said above, but as I'd written all these notes for myself anyway I thought I would share. Hopefully it will help someone.
thanks 2 users thanked DJ22 for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 8/10/2022(UTC), redshadow on 9/26/2022(UTC)