Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vision1138  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 10:43:57 AM(UTC)
vision1138

Hi all

I'm not sure this is a problem with Golden Palace or not. It's a bit of a weird one and I'm a Daz newbie so I was hoping someone could shed some light on it as there seem to be some well informed people here!

I am using the Character Heather by Daz Girls (*deleted*) G8F. I am using the scene PW Caribbean Island (which is huge).

When I load the character into the scene at the 0,0,0 co-ordinates and apply GP gens (ridgid, then shell, then copy mats), put her into a pose, render, it's all fine.

Zero position: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_iThrgVOm2fmLLFv3QDbiBIDdXvKFpn/view?usp=sharing

If I move her a bit, on to the dock and to x = -1000 then when I render I get a small glitch right above the a-hole, a light patch in this case: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NYQhznPc0h0znPOyqi03ZMrI3EmEWZql/view?usp=sharing

If I move her further along the dock to x= -4500 I get a major glitch in the render: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NYqv5EcsYIoTqxxkqHdvGcvOpvkrqot6/view?usp=sharing

The only thing I'm changing is the x co-ordinate value.

Those glitches seem to be transparent, what you see in the light and dark are the inside materials opposite the missing textures. (I think)

It's not the pose, it happens in different poses. And I have used different characters, and reloaded them into the scene.

And it does seem to relate to the co-ordinate vales from 0,0,0, I had the same issue trying to work with Golden Palace around the y= -5500 position.

I don't know enough to know if it's something in the scene, or within GP that's causing the issue.

Has anyone got any thoughts? (please keep it simple, I'm still learning)

Thanks.

vision1138  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 3:33:50 PM(UTC)
vision1138

A little update. I tested again with the same character in a new (empty) project, added the gens and with the same results. At 0,0,0 all good, going to x= -1000 a small glitch, and x= -4500 big glitch.

I tried again with a G8F base model. Same result. drive.google.com/file/d/1N_y-jSFki35VSWob5WQPYaYxzLszeX6U/view?usp=sharing

You can see the internal structure behind the missing textures in this shot.

So it's something in Golden Palace I think?

Any ideas?

Edit: This is a great package, I really want to get it working!

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2022 3:38:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 9:16:53 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

I'm not sure it is golden palace, it sounds like the same known issue where Daz Studio messes up transparency the further you get from world origin. (It usually becomes apparent by messing up the eyes, but both eyes and the GP shell use transparency) It has been a Known issue at Daz since the early days of Daz Studio 4, and at this point I'm not sure if they are even trying to fix it or if it has attained the mythic It's not a bug it's a feature status.

My solution, if possible move the area of the scenery you want so it is at or close to world center (0,0,0)

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
vision1138 on 6/17/2022(UTC), Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
vision1138  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 11:39:58 PM(UTC)
vision1138

Hi

Many thanks for that! It certainly sounds like the same issue.

Surprising that it's not been fixed as it seems like something that is quite limiting to the world size in Daz!

Oh well, I have my answer, thanks again!
dsv4600  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 12:29:17 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)
As BrotherHades said, this is most likely the infamous "World Center Offset" problem which has been a part of DAZ Studio since Iray first appeared, and it can affect your scenes at the most annoying times; most often with hair, but any texture with opacity maps can be affected by this. The best solution is to parent everything else in your scene (props, figures, lights, cameras) to the character (G8F, G8M etc) that is affected by the problem, then move the character to X=0, Y=0, Z=0 (everything else follows so nothing appears to move). With luck your scene will look exactly the same but the annoying transparency glitches will be fixed. Watch out for HDRIs, though - if you are using one as your environment you may have to change its position (dome origin) to match what what you had before.

Another thought: if you're using DAZ Studio 4.20 the Iray rendering engine was updated and those changes have affected how some surfaces are rendered. That is much harder to fix ... well, there is a fix ... stay on 4.16.03 :(
thanks 1 user thanked dsv4600 for this useful post.
vision1138 on 6/17/2022(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 4:40:43 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
You're not in geometry editor tool or something other than node selector by chance are you?
vision1138  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 5:01:56 PM(UTC)
vision1138

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
You're not in geometry editor tool or something other than node selector by chance are you?

No, just in normal edit.

vision1138  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 5:03:14 PM(UTC)
vision1138

Thanks guys, I'll try moving the scene so the model is in the origin position and see if that works! (And I'll report back!)
vision1138  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 5:42:10 PM(UTC)
vision1138

Yup, moving everything to be based around the origin worked!

Weird bug, I hope they fix it!