Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NudeFan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 8:25:54 AM(UTC)
NudeFan

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

After the update to the very last version I tried it out with a flat chested cutie (Lisa from KrashWerks) and was really satisfied with her still small breast.

Then I tried to modify the texture file, applied it to the figure and tried to renter the figure (only the figure, no clothing, hair etc.) After 3 hours the render progress is still at 0%, the output window does not show even a draft of the figure.

Rendering of the same figure with the same condition (camera, lights, computer etc.) also HD-Nipples but it's original skin will need only 4 minutes.

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 8:47:39 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Hi, please send me the product page link of Lisa, I will test it to find out the problem.
In the meantime, please try the following methods to see if you can render successfully:
1. Restart DAZ Studio, load your scene, and render again.
2. If the first method fails, restart your pc, and then repeat the first method.
3. If it still fails, use image editing software to edit the image size of HD Textures. Change them to 2048x2048 or even 1024x1024. Then restart DAZ Studio and try to render again.
NudeFan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 9:27:03 PM(UTC)
NudeFan

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

You can find Lisa at

Attached you find the 4K-Files I have created with your tool.

Restarting of DAZ was necessary since the only way to stop the Studio was 'Restart'

Even with resized files it does not work

Edited by moderator Monday, May 24, 2021 4:11:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policies - no external links or site references allowed

3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 8:30:02 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Thank you very much for the link :)
I have tested Lisa and found the problem. Its Resolution Level is set to 2, and SubDivision Level is set to 4. If I render without HD textures applied, everything is fine. If I start rendering after applying HD textures, I could not see the progress of the rendering for a long time, and my DAZ Studio eventually becomes unresponsive.
If I reduce the Resolution Level and SubDivision Level, for example, set them to 1 and 2, the rendering can be completed quickly even if HD textures are applied.
I tried setting the Resolution Level and SubDivision Level of Genesis 8 Base Female to 2 and 4 and applied HD textures. The result was the same as Lisa, and my DAZ Studio became unresponsive.
So we can conclude that the value of Resolution Level and SubDivision Level of the character caused this problem. We need to adjust their values to avoid it.

But why can DAZ Studio render normally without using HD textures? I can't answer this question at present.

Nejjin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 8:54:01 AM(UTC)
Nejjin

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

I have tested Lisa and found the problem. Its Resolution Level is set to 2, and SubDivision Level is set to 4. If I render without HD textures applied, everything is fine. If I start rendering after applying HD textures, I could not see the progress of the rendering for a long time, and my DAZ Studio eventually becomes unresponsive.
If I reduce the Resolution Level and SubDivision Level, for example, set them to 1 and 2, the rendering can be completed quickly even if HD textures are applied.
I tried setting the Resolution Level and SubDivision Level of Genesis 8 Base Female to 2 and 4 and applied HD textures. The result was the same as Lisa, and my DAZ Studio became unresponsive.
So we can conclude that the value of Resolution Level and SubDivision Level of the character caused this problem. We need to adjust their values to avoid it.

But why can DAZ Studio render normally without using HD textures? I can't answer this question at present.

I have noticed the exact same thing with my renders. I am not using a weak rig either. I have a Ryzen 7 CPU and 32gb of DDR4 3200 memory, so I doubt my system just isn't up to the task of rendering HD figures. I've been told that increasing the SubD level of the figure applies to the grafts as well, not sure how that makes sense.

BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 7:59:03 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Nejjin Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

I have noticed the exact same thing with my renders. I am not using a weak rig either. I have a Ryzen 7 CPU and 32gb of DDR4 3200 memory, so I doubt my system just isn't up to the task of rendering HD figures. I've been told that increasing the SubD level of the figure applies to the grafts as well, not sure how that makes sense.

Problem is, it doesn't take much Sub Division being added to over tax a system. Lets say for example G8.1 F loads in at View sub division level of 2. Each level of Sub Division increases the poly count by a factor of 4 so a 250K poly figure (She is actually a bit heavier than that at the default load of SubD level 2, and is set to render at level 3) increased by 1 Level is 1 million Polys, increase it again and you are sitting at a nice 4 million polys just for a single G8.1F at SubD level 4. 

Second part, the grafts don't automatically update to match the resolution of the base figure. Example Golden Palace loads in at SubD 1 so to match the base GP to G8.1F you need to up the SubD by one level for View and two levels for Render Level. Which adds about 36k Polys to the scene. At view SubD level 3 (Which apparently is the furthest GP can be adjusted) is adding about 140K polys.

Add in any additional props, clothing, high resolution textures etc. and it is very easy to over tax even a high end system (Part of why companies like Pixar use render farms, when you have hundreds of systems working on high load items/scenes it lessens the strain on any one system.)

Nejjin  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 9:10:55 AM(UTC)
Nejjin

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Responding to BrotherHades:
I can see your point, but I have to point out a flaw in the logic. The creators of these models are not likely using massive render farms to create these HD figures and you have to assume they are doing test renders on their own rigs. It seems more likely that there is a bug in the software somewhere, either on Daz's end or Nvidia's. Who would create this kind of model knowing that only the massive animation studios would be able to take advantage of it. Like I said I am not discounting you math, but I think Daz has fucked something up and they're trying to push the blame onto us by saying we just don't have the hardware to get the promised results out of what we're purchasing from the Daz store.