2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheBitterGent  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 12:00:29 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)

Originally Posted by: dandan Go to Quoted Post

They have not got back to me yet and I don't think I understand correctly if I make 2d render I can't make into NFT unless I have copyright ? I not selling as 3d product just 2d image .  Does Romfx not have the copyright to the products ? very confused how it is working dmca copyrights grrr.

Ok think of it this way...

When you purchase a product here. What you are actually purchasing, is a license to use the product in your 2d renders. This includes commercial use.

(Note: Some other sites and products have limited or noncommercial use licenses and should be noted as such on the products page and in the "Read Me" file [usually because THEY are breaking copyright, and you could get in trouble for having it in your renders])

So to simplify...

- PRODUCT OWNER: Original Artist

- STANDARD USE LICENSED USER: You, Once Purchased

- OWNER OF YOUR RENDERS WITH THE LICENSED PRODUCT USED: You

2D renders cover photo style images, videos, sprites, emoticons, t-shirts, any style where the original product cant be stolen by someone else so then they dont need to purchase the license to use it in their works.

Your 2D renders are owned and copyrighted by you when you make them, you are the artist, they are your works. 

As YOUR works. They can be shared, sold (made into NFTs), copied, modified, published... whatever, however, whenever YOU want... as they are YOURS. 

(Note this ownership does not extend to already coyrighted characters, stories, trademarked logos, or previously owned properties that are not yours or you are not licensed to use) 

3D WORKS (REQUIRES EXTENDED LICENSING)

3D works however, are not covered by the standard license. Because, when a product is put into a 3D work such as videogame, 3D printed, or VR environment the original product is shared in a way it, or its parts, can be extracted and then reproduced infinitely without the product artist's consent, and without license purchase, causing financial loss to the product artist.

BIG CAT'S COPYRIGHTS and THEIR OWNERSHIP

The reason why and how copyright is mainly enforced... MONEY.  If you are creating NFTs then your are doing it for profit and financial gain. If you do not have ownership of all aspects of your image then you could be found in breach of copyright law and can be sued for your gains, their "perceived" losses, AND their attorney fees which they get the best highest paid lawyers and at the highest rate because they know when you loose they will stick you with the bill. They own characters, styles, logos, story plots... etc etc etc.  

So making 2D original NFTs using products you have licenses for... GOOD.

Making 3D NFTs using products you'll need EXTENDED licensing including any additional special PERMISSIONS or RESTRICTIONS from the product artist.

Making NFTs with other peoples protected properties (ie: comic book, movie, videogame characters) NOT GOOD.

Did this clear it up? Any Questions?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 26, 2022 12:22:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dandan  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:18:34 AM(UTC)
dandan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thank you all for making this clear for me now I understanding. 

Lombardai  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 5:37:12 AM(UTC)
Lombardai

Question:

So when the sales have reached 50k, do I just buy another extended license? And so on and so forth? Or.....?
RangerRabbit  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:01:08 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Lombardai Go to Quoted Post
Question:

So when the sales have reached 50k, do I just buy another extended license? And so on and so forth? Or.....?

If you have already hit the 50, 000 copy limit or believe that you will, please contact our Store Manager directly to have a special license written up for your purposes.  You can contact them at this email, [email protected].  

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 1 user thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 3/3/2022(UTC)