Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jamesramirez6734  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:20:10 AM(UTC)
jamesramirez6734

Golden Palace is of course extremely popular, which is why I'm always surprised by the number of issues I encounter when I use it.

The 'MatCopy' feature does an impressive job of trying to match the character's textures, but it doesn't quite achieve it to a high quality level.

Even if I take a base genesis model and immediately apply the steps, if you position the character appropriately you can still clearly see the edges where the MatCopy hasn't quite been able to blend everything in properly - the areas where the torso and legs meet have disrupted the script. On custom materials, it's far more problematic in many cases.

Is this something which people just accept? Or is there a way to tweak the MatCopy feature to get it to work better with custom materials? Alternatively, perhaps there's something else out there which is less disruptive to the figure.

jamesramirez6734  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:55:17 AM(UTC)
jamesramirez6734

Ah.. I've just done a direct comparison on Genesis 8F and Genesis 8.1F

The Genesis 8F MatCopy is much better than the Genesis 8.1 MatCopy, which seems to mess up the textures in a number of cases (like assign the legs and glutes completely different shades)

Is this a known current issue with the Genesis 8.1 version perhaps? I installed the very latest to be sure.

BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:04:26 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 240 post(s)

In cases where the G8.1 Female skin texture doesn't match up with Golden Palace after the Materials copy script is used is often due to an error in the Materials Copy Script correctly matching the Shader. Example if the Genesis 8.1 Female uses PBRSkin shader and not Iray Uber shader, it defaults to Iray Uber as shader base, so you might have to manually apply the PBRSkin Shader. Select the Graft in the scene tab, then go to the surfaces tab, select the Graft so all materials are highlighted and then apply the PBRSkin shader. Though it does seem to be picky as sometimes it seems to apply the change to PBRSkin automatically and other times it must be manually applied and changed to match.