Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boredomj  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 7:54:38 PM(UTC)
boredomj

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi all,

A while back i had a relatively similar issue with a black patch so I tried to same solution without success (https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=206627&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post399619).

Adding a push modifier and changing the Ray epsilon values to 0.0000001 didn't help much. Any ideas? 

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 5:36:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boredomj attached the following image(s):
BlackOutline_Octane.png
boredomj  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 5:35:29 PM(UTC)
boredomj

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I know this is an old thread, however I'd rather post a solution for anyone who stumbles into the same problem.

"Without using the Octane Geograft option, you can get rid of these raised seems by adjusting the displacement "Mid level" to around .5 on the OCtane Torso and Anus materials of New Genitalia."

No idea where the geograft option is, but in the Octane plugin I set the displacement mid level to 0.5 on everything related to the genitals in the 'Materials' tab. That fixed it. 

thanks 3 users thanked boredomj for this useful post.
Akirael on 6/2/2020(UTC), seismeec on 1/14/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 2/19/2021(UTC)
seismeec  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 12:34:06 PM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: boredomj Go to Quoted Post

No idea where the geograft option is, but in the Octane plugin I set the displacement mid level to 0.5 on everything related to the genitals in the 'Materials' tab. That fixed it.

Thanks first for sharing this! I actually got it working before w/ NG, but with the latest version of Octane (with the Octane Render Kit from DAZ and the Octane Enterprise version), it doesn't.

I tried to change the displacement mid level at at least three different places, but w/o any effect.

Would you mind elaborating on this, especially which Octane version you're referring to? As many users going to play around with Octane in the next months (my guess), that'd be very helpful. Thanks anyway!