Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rico0300  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 12:09:04 AM(UTC)
Rico0300

Hi

I'm fairly new to DAZ 3D and I'm still getting the hang of it, so forgive me if I ask anything obvious.

I'm looking for an actual penis prop for a Gen 8 Male figure, not a control or add on but the actual genitals itself.  I've noticed that most of the items on the site require the specific product from Daz called the "Michael 8 Pro Bundle" or "Michael 8" figure in some way. Does that come with an actual genital in the official files after you buy it from the Daz store? Or do you need a prop to install afterwards? I'm trying to understand how it works. Because I was under the impression that you could find almost any penis prop and get it to somewhat work on a Genesis 8 male figure? When I search elsewhere it's remarkably hard to find other props. Is this the only way to have a Gen 8 Male to actually have a penis or is there another way? Can I do it without the Michael 8 figure or not? Is there a specific product on Renderotica that doesn't require the Michael 8 or is it impossible?

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 7:11:44 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

There's 2 ways you can go about getting genitals for your figures.

You can buy a "Pro Bundle" from DAZ, and Pro Bundle from the same generation will "unlock" the genitals, so any Genesis 8 (G8) female will unlock female gens (Genitalia), any male will unlock male gens. Those are the "official" DAZ gens. They look nice, but are very basic (and small *cough* I mean "average" :) ) and Pro bundles can be expensive unless you wait for a large discount or the occasional free pro bundle offer.. Once you have those, you can find a lot of add-ons to make them bigger and/or more useful here at Renderotica.

The second way to get gens is arguably cheaper and results with superior gen models that are WAY more versatile out of the box. I'd recommend to buy your gens here at Renderotica.

I have a preference, but in the interest of fairness I'll just say there's a lot of amazing artists here making great products, take your time and research all the options before buying and don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Thunder-3D  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 7:17:07 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Oops, also to answer your question about Michael, you don't "need" him for most of the male gens sold here, if you have to have him for the gen, it will be listed, but the gens pretty much work on all the characters. Just make sure if you're collecting Genesis 8 Characters, you want gens built for Genesis 8.

Getting Michael 8 on his own for free is pretty easy if you wait for him to be offered for free with a separate purchase of a new item on DAZ, which happens more often lately since he's been around a few years, the same goes for Victoria 8.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 7:16:18 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Check Daz's fast grab, sometimes there will be a miscellaneous g8m pro bundle in there for 70% off. Again, it doesn't matter what pro bundle, it just has to be a pro bundle to get the g8m gens.
Fluffybutt  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 4:56:43 PM(UTC)
Fluffybutt

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The Dicktator and dbxxx-XY are both full genital sets. I have both and each has its virtues and faults. If you had to go with one, I'd recommend The Dicktator. It starts out frighteningly large, but can be adjusted down to human proportions. There are also a lot of controls for it. My only complaint is that it's limited in shader selection. Matching the genitals and the figure's skin color is a bit dicey.
matt  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 6:18:39 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Fluffybutt Go to Quoted Post
The Dicktator and dbxxx-XY are both full genital sets. I have both and each has its virtues and faults. If you had to go with one, I'd recommend The Dicktator. It starts out frighteningly large, but can be adjusted down to human proportions. There are also a lot of controls for it. My only complaint is that it's limited in shader selection. Matching the genitals and the figure's skin color is a bit dicey.

Grab Meipe's Texture Wizard. It adds a lot of options for skin tone, and I can always find one that can be made to work.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Fluffybutt on 8/14/2020(UTC)
WhiteCloud  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:00:28 AM(UTC)
WhiteCloud

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Renderotica provide several products

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2020 2:45:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified