Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrvoll  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 1:51:21 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

So I've tried on many models now, choosing to make the anus and surrounding area "brown" when creating the initial customized map for a given character. I've also tried coloring the labia too. But, in all cases, when rendered, the anus comes out greyish white. There is no color around it, and the labia minora never has any brown in it. It seems like a waste of effort to even bother to check any of those boxes because they do nothing. Any and all attempts to alter this in "surfaces" or the LIE maps are useless as the anus maps no longer allow to specifically modify anything.

What I find infuriating is that since I installed this "free" upgrade, I can no longer apply the old version which "was" able to color the anus brown. As it stands, every model now has an anus that looks like it is missing most of it's color and is incomplete.

I know that 3feetwolf isn't monitoring this forum anymore, nor helping with any of this, but I'm wondering if any other users can offer any solutions to this frustrating issue. The original product, which I bought an paid for doesn't work anymore because of this "free" downgrade. The new "wet effect" is fabulous, but totally offset by the hugely degraded "blanching" of the anus area...

Thanks,
Jon

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 5:07:28 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

How did you install the expansion? The way it installed for me The Expansion Pack files are in a subfolder and didn't overwrite anything or otherwise doesn't affect the use of the old version or its materials. I will admit I wasn't too impressed with the expansion materials script setup and have mainly been using the old version.

mrvoll  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:26:08 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

How did you install the expansion? The way it installed for me The Expansion Pack files are in a subfolder and didn't overwrite anything or otherwise doesn't affect the use of the old version or its materials. I will admit I wasn't too impressed with the expansion materials script setup and have mainly been using the old version.

I tried first installing it alongside the original. That didn't work so I followed his instructions to the letter.

It works more or less on some models, but on most it's aweful because of the problems with it. It's a shame because it looks like it should work great, but is only partially finished. The moisture seems to work realistically but the fact that there is a grey anus that cannot be corrected in any way kinda makes the whole product useless. It was free, so I normally wouldn't complain, but the original one that I bought and paid for got messed up by installing this "thing".

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 10:17:36 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Like I said I haven't used it much, when I did I didn't run into any problems, it just takes too long to create the textures on my system. It is much faster to just use the older version (I often don't even use the wet or effect shells, so the added wetness with the expansion is something I would rarely use anyway) or Golden Palace.

Is the issue persisting even when rendered, I know there are a lot of items that don't look like they are working until they are rendered, due to differences between the openGL preview and the render engines.

mrvoll  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 3:18:52 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Like I said I haven't used it much, when I did I didn't run into any problems, it just takes too long to create the textures on my system. It is much faster to just use the older version (I often don't even use the wet or effect shells, so the added wetness with the expansion is something I would rarely use anyway) or Golden Palace.

Is the issue persisting even when rendered, I know there are a lot of items that don't look like they are working until they are rendered, due to differences between the openGL preview and the render engines.

I just tried a model that crashes Daz 4.12 when I try to render the scene because of this. I experimented and found out that I can indeed use the old gens now, not sure why, and the scene will render fine. But when I apply the expansion gens Daz just hangs on "rendering" and never moves on to anything else. (normally, after a minute or so, it would invoke my GPU and start rendering). I tried leaving it on for 4 hours once and it never got past those first few lines in the rendering pane. I tried re-creating the maps for the gens and creating an entirely new scene with this same character (LY Tuesday) and it crashes Daz 4.12 every time. I'm not using a beta version of Daz either, it's the stable version. If I delete the expanded gens, or use the old one, the whole scene renders fine within a few minutes. No other models or scenes make it crash with this, just this one model...

I find that the wetness makes the gens look more authentic for some reason. I'm not talking about the fluid mask here, just the "wetness" setting. It is more like a moisture thing that makes the skin look realistic instead of plastic. It would work good for whole body realism too.

Golden palace has a lot going for it, except that Meipe seems to have forgotten that the anus is part of the equation and it is pathetic to say the least. 3feetwolf has done a much better job of that, but not with the expansion kit which also fails miserably. Actually, I feel that his Gens for Genesis 3 females has the most realistic anus.

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2019 3:21:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified