Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
S1020  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 10:25:38 PM(UTC)
S1020

Okay, so I bought StereoLoveG8FG3MG8M and the morph didn't want to show up under properties, adn I couldn't apply them using the Content Library. I figured I used the wrong path, but I had previously had missing file issues with DicktatorGenetaliaG3MG8M ver3 and ended up putting it on multiple paths. So I thought I'd try to start fresh, delete all my Renderotica stuff and redownload them, taking great care to use the proper path. But when I did that, I could get Dicktator to load properly, it was just a bunch of grey blocks. So I restored all the files and tried again, as one might expect, Dicktator loaded properly, but I couldn't use the StereoLove morphs. So I'd really like to know where I messed up and how to fix it because i'm just about ready to uninstall and reinstall Daz altogether.

Edited by user Monday, December 2, 2019 6:29:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 12:50:36 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

Originally Posted by: S1020 Go to Quoted Post

Okay, so I bought StereoLoveG8FG3MG8M and the morph didn't want to show up under properties, adn I couldn't apply them using the Content Library. I figured I used the wrong path, but I had previously had missing file issues with DicktatorGenetaliaG3MG8M ver3 and ended up putting it on multiple paths. So I thought I'd try to start fresh, delete all my Renderotica stuff and redownload them, taking great care to use the proper path. But when I did that, I could get Dicktator to load properly, it was just a bunch of grey blocks. So I restored all the files and tried again, as one might expect, Dicktator loaded properly, but I couldn't use the StereoLove morphs. So I'd really like to know where I messed up and how to fix it because i'm just about ready to uninstall and reinstall Daz altogether.

I know because I've forgotten and done this myself many times, when you re-install a product, or install an upgrade/update, always delete the old gens/grafts on your figure and re-apply fresh new ones from the updated files, otherwise it just shows up as placeholder "blocks".

Meipe is on Euro time, so I'd wait for an answer from him before going to the trouble of reinstalling your entire Studio folder, you can do more harm than good that way. He may ask you to  email him a copy of the scene file so he can see what's going on.

Hope this helped :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 12/1/2019(UTC)
S1020  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:22:09 PM(UTC)
S1020

I wish I had been more patient. I already completely wiped everything. Even lost all my scenes even though I moved the user data to a safe place before uninstalling. But now even when I re-installl the products I get the same issues. The loading issue seems to only affect Dicktator v3, v2 is fine, but StereoLove is only compatible with v3, and I still can't get the morphs to appear Parameters, or apply them via the thumbnails in the Content Library. As for Dicktator v3, the problem seems to be missing files, I get two consecutive Missing File messages, the first says I'm missing
data/meipex/dicktator_genitalia_g8m/dicktator_genitalia_g8m_v3/dicktator_genitalia_g8m.dsf and data/meipex/dicktator_genitalia_g8m/dicktator_genitalia_g8m_v3/uv sets/meipex/base/default.dsf
the second says I'm missing 
data/meipex/dicktator_genitalia_g8m/dicktator_genitalia_g8m_v3/dicktator_genitalia_g8m.dsf
But I don't know how I can be missing files when I redowloaded and reinstalled the product.
Guess I'll keep an eye on this post but I may be completely screwed.

Edited by user Monday, December 2, 2019 7:29:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:06:47 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Personally, when I do an upgrade, Dicktator v2 to v3 for example (UPGRADE/UPDATE not an ADD-ON) I delete entirely the old folders and files for the previous prop, and install the new version clean. This helps to avoid generational overlap of files.

Also, many times the answer to the problem is in the error message. If it says it's missing a file, you may not actually be missing it, it's just ended up in the wrong folder. Take a snapshot of the error message (using snipping tool or whatever you wish) and then use that info to hunt down the files, and move them to the folder that is listed in the error message.

Thunder-3D  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:13:22 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Also you may want to re-post your request for assistance directly in Meipe's support forum for a faster response, he may not know this thread is about him since his name/product name isn't in the title.

https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=topics&f=2928

S1020  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:52:29 PM(UTC)
S1020

I'll try contacting him, but damn, this is really frustrating. I checked my File Explorer, and all the files seem to be exactly where they're supposed to be, yet the error message still appears.