Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pervdaddy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:24:34 PM(UTC)
pervdaddy

As you can see, there are big jagged fragments at the top which look very weird and unnatural, and the hairs that are supposed to be on the scrotum are in the wrong place. There do not appear to be any adjustments of any kind available for this product. Can anyone suggest a fix or else an alternative product which actually works? Is it possible to get refunds for non-functioning products?

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:46:11 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Looks to me the issue is not Growler but Daz Studio itself, it looks like Studio is using auto-fit settings to keep the fibermesh hair following the morphs on XY and is distorting the fibermesh hairs. You might be able to get by with un-conforming the Growler and parenting it to the XY instead of using fit to, this will allow you to use it as a prop hair piece rather than conforming, but it will keep auto fit from affecting it, though you will have to use scaling and positioning to get the hair to fit right. I wish there was a way to selectively turn off auto fit in Daz Studio, but so far there is not and it is set to work anytime items are conformed/fit to the figure.

pervdaddy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:18:40 PM(UTC)
pervdaddy

Ok, how do I 'uncomform' it? Currently it is already set to have the XY as its 'parent'

This is the first item I have ever bought here, is there no quality control in place that would prevent people from selling stuff which doesn't work?

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:58:04 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

To unconform an item select it in the scene tab, right click on it, and then click where it says fit to. This will pull up a window, change the item to fit to to None. It is best if you unconform and parent while in the default pose, and as it will not auto follow morphs as applied you will have to make manual adjustments to get it to scale and position correctly

By default Daz Studio will conform to and parent to the figure as long as it is a conforming item and you have the figure it is supposed to conform to/ fit to selected when you load the item. Most of the time this is not an issue and the auto-fit and auto follow features do not cause a problem, however there are always products that test or push a feature past what it can handle and fiber hair can be one that does just that in Daz Studio. 

As to quality control, every item that hits the store goes through testing, however most of us testers are experienced with the programs we test in and know the limits of what the program can handle, and have learned various workarounds to get by the limits and erroneous ways that the program can handle some items. Such as the unconform and parent method to get around auto fit distortions caused by issues as it attempts to auto follow some morphs in Daz Studio. 

matt  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:01:32 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: pervdaddy Go to Quoted Post

Ok, how do I 'uncomform' it? Currently it is already set to have the XY as its 'parent'

This is the first item I have ever bought here, is there no quality control in place that would prevent people from selling stuff which doesn't work?

Sigh...

Welcome.

To 'unconform' it, select it in the scene tab, right click, and click 'unparent' whatever the prop may be. As BrotherHades mentioned, you will have to tweak it manually after you've done that. 

Now some real advice, and please take it as that; advice. I've been a member of 'Rotica for nearly 20 years. One thing I've learned that has served me very well over those decades is this: don't be a newbie with ten posts that bashes a vendor and calls their work a 'waste of money' or saying that it 'doesn't work'. It does work, as long as you use it within the parameters in which it was designed. You've morphed XY well past it's normal shape, I know because I own it. It's pulled well away from the hip, which incidentally is where the hair distortion is occurring. It's operating outside of its intended parameters. 

Try this, instead. Contact the vendor directly. If you purchased their product, it came with a readme file that has their contact email. Send them a message, tell them what's going on, be polite. Most of the vendors here are happy to support their products and help you find solutions or workarounds to any issues you may have with it. But I know from personal experience from my real world job, if someone comes at me with a problem and starts out by saying the product is crap and that they've been ripped off, my willingness to help them drops precipitously. I've even told a few to fuck off and get out, to their faces. Not common, but it has happened. And all because they came at me like an asshole.

If, however, they come at me by presenting the problem and asking what they can do to solve it while being polite, I'll bend over backwards to help them. Granted, my day-to-day has nothing to do with CGI or 3D, but it has everything to do with human interaction. Make sure your side of that interaction isn't venomous without cause and you'll get pretty far.

tl,dr? Try a softer approach to getting help with an issue.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
BrotherHades on 11/2/2019(UTC)