Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matt  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 12:58:56 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

I've been playing around with the strand based hair to make custom pubes, and I can get the thickness right, I can get the placement right, hell, it even moves with genital morphs which is nice, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to really curl like pubic hair tends to do. I end up with hair that is mostly straight. Has anyone had any success playing with this, or is it simply a limitation of the software?

matt  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:20:52 AM(UTC)
matt

No one, huh? I can't be the only one that's tried this.... :)

BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 8:35:15 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I played around with it a little bit, but don't know which settings would need adjusted to make curly hair. Might benefit to look around for any old Garibaldi Hair tutorials and see if that might help, since it is what Daz Studio implemented for strand based hair.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
matt on 10/13/2019(UTC)
matt  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 10:37:25 AM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

I played around with it a little bit, but don't know which settings would need adjusted to make curly hair. Might benefit to look around for any old Garibaldi Hair tutorials and see if that might help, since it is what Daz Studio implemented for strand based hair.

I'll have a look, thanks!

SnarltheWerewolf  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 10:39:55 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Unfortunately, I had the same issue too. You can use frizz and the random angles setting to kinda fake it, along with the curve feature.

My understanding, but I never tried it myself, is that you can choose individual segments of each hair and turn those individually to get a more natural curl. But f if I'm gonna do that to 300 hair strands, each with 3 - 5 segments :-P
matt  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:08:50 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, I had the same issue too. You can use frizz and the random angles setting to kinda fake it, along with the curve feature.

My understanding, but I never tried it myself, is that you can choose individual segments of each hair and turn those individually to get a more natural curl. But f if I'm gonna do that to 300 hair strands, each with 3 - 5 segments :-P

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see a 'randomize curl' slider or something like that. So far, I've only tried to do this with short hairs, perhaps longer hairs would curl more naturally. I'll have to give that a try the next time I open Studio.