Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ptrope  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 10:40:30 PM(UTC)
Ptrope

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I just purchased TE, and figured out the workflow for creating tex for G3M gens before even reading the thread here on the same subject, but I can't get 'there' from 'here' because, when I click "Start" on the pop-up, it opens the command window, but then nothing happens, just a blinking cursor.

I've verified that I unzipped the package to the correct location in my Studio installation; however, my Studio is not installed on the C: drive - could this be causing the problem? W:\3D\DAZ3D\DazStudio\

MadMachine  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:43:27 PM(UTC)
MadMachine

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
That is what is supposed to happen. It takes a good while to create the textures. Be patient and read the product documentation in the meantime.
Ptrope  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 10:48:21 PM(UTC)
Ptrope

Actually, I read the product documentation before I ever clicked "Add to cart." The documentation says that after clicking "Start" in the script, the command window will open and the example shown shows several lines of feedback - there's no indication that at least the first one won't appear immediately, to notify the user. I accept that writing the overlay image will take time, but after several attempts, I never saw any progress of any sort, no files being written to the destination folder - the only thing that happened was that the command window eventually closed after several minutes with no results, and the external drive it was directed to went offline and had to be rebooted several times. Now, maybe it was a problem with the drive, but even so, it seems that there should have been some sort of visual feedback that something was happening, either in the command prompt or in the destination folder.

None of this changes my original question, BTW: does the script rely on a specific installation path or does it work with personalized paths?
Ptrope  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:43:13 PM(UTC)
Ptrope

Well, I ran it again last night after rebooting everything, and it sat for well over half an hour with nothing happening in either the command window or the output folder. I decided to leave it running and went to bed; in the morning, the drive was again inaccessible, but after I rebooted it, the files were written there.

Not sure what to think - I don't have these sorts of issues with any other program or script, and this is the drive where Studio has been running successfully for over a year.