Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Xordus  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:23:37 PM(UTC)
Xordus

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello ,

Since i am currently working on a naughty PC game (mostly bondage) , i would like to ask if there is a extended user license available for DAVOs bondage stuff ?

Meipe  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 1:01:22 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Sutut  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Xordus Go to Quoted Post

Hello ,

Since i am currently working on a naughty PC game (mostly bondage) , i would like to ask if there is a extended user license available for DAVOs bondage stuff ?

It would also depend on what the end product is.

If the game is 2D - even with 3d rendered sprites the standard license applies.  Any professional work, as long as the original can't be extracted.

It'd be like Holbein trying to charge extra if you sold a painting used with their watercolors.  Or some obscure drafting firm if you used their circle template.  Spirograph never sued Steranko for some trippy Nick Fury backgrounds...  Nor did various screw, gear and other misc gadget makers.

The fear that the Poser market has is someone using it in a game that distributes it in a way that the full product can be extracted.  Let's say you made "Escape from the facility 3DVR" then people bought the game on Steam for $4.99 during a summer sale but casually opened the files and had 50% of Davo's inventory...  Well even an 'extended' license wouldn't cover that.  Make a 3d game make dead sure the end product can't be extracted so all anyone can get are 2d views.  Of course it can be argued that if you can make a 3d game you are better off making 100% your own stuff since even using someone else's 3d stuff ready made you still have to work out how it fits. 

Here - I checked in the files (and this is for Davo's Backstreet Bang series) - Here's a snippet.

""""""""""

Buyer acquires the copyright to any derivative works created using this work, provided that none of the original materials can be extracted from the derivative work by any means.

"""""""""""

So, long as no way, shape or form can someone pull a Renderotica product for use in Poser/Daz from the item, you are fine.

Also Poser stuff is VERY high poly for even a modern game - meant to give a near photo realistic render at slower than real time.  It's meant to give that realism to computers the professional end/MAYA crowd would laugh at - at the cost of taking quite a while to render a good scene, G-d help you with fields of weeds and water...  You might have the 'chamber of horrors' with a dozen Davo props slowed to 1 frame a second even if the 'chamber of a thousand bats' runs at 120 fps...  Coz you made the bats and they have 50 polys each and the mesh works perfectly with the texture while any Poser gear is 10K-90K poly (even older stuff) with huge texture maps that cover the whole thing 10x for high resolution up close and the computer reading the file has to interpret how to apply the mesh and the layers of reflection, transparency, etc.  And then all the morphs so the mouth can open, you can casually "Weird Science" the breasts, expressions on the face...  Wow...  Let a FPS engine try to drag that legacy...

DAZ and *deleted* are big on selling 'extended' license, but similar issue and IMO just a cash grab to gullible.  The real issue coming up is someone taking something like Troll or V4 with a specific outfit and somehow wiggling them into working on a live FPS game.  In abstract that'd be a violation though per the previous paragraph to make it work in even the most modern, high FPS games needing graphics cards that cost more than most mid range systems you'd have to strip down the model.  Far more processing for the adorable lips of one of Aery/Aeon soul's "Alice" mods than a dozen HALO grunts. 

But if you'd end up with a 3D model someone could casually extract and copy that'd look like it definitely need an extended license then.

Xordus  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 6:41:01 AM(UTC)
Xordus

Hi there ^_^,

First of all i already bought extended user license from this site years ago (one from sledgehammer and one from Xameva) one of them i have already used in my now finished 3D (yes no 2D) game called

"Abandoned : a tale of forgotten lives"

Now i want to continue with a new game of mine called -Milky ways - and since i am horrible at creating my own meshes i figured i could ask for a extended license from Davos stuff and built it into my game.

Originally Posted by: Sutut Go to Quoted Post

It would also depend on what the end product is.

If the game is 2D - even with 3d rendered sprites the standard license applies.  Any professional work, as long as the original can't be extracted.

It'd be like Holbein trying to charge extra if you sold a painting used with their watercolors.  Or some obscure drafting firm if you used their circle template.  Spirograph never sued Steranko for some trippy Nick Fury backgrounds...  Nor did various screw, gear and other misc gadget makers.

The fear that the Poser market has is someone using it in a game that distributes it in a way that the full product can be extracted.  Let's say you made "Escape from the facility 3DVR" then people bought the game on Steam for $4.99 during a summer sale but casually opened the files and had 50% of Davo's inventory...  Well even an 'extended' license wouldn't cover that.  Make a 3d game make dead sure the end product can't be extracted so all anyone can get are 2d views.  Of course it can be argued that if you can make a 3d game you are better off making 100% your own stuff since even using someone else's 3d stuff ready made you still have to work out how it fits.

1. As long as it is 3D it can ALWAYS be extracted but since it is encoded you need to put much work in.

2. It is very common to buy 3D assets used in games (unity asset store ,Daz3d)

Also Poser stuff is VERY high poly for even a modern game - meant to give a near photo realistic render at slower than real time.  It's meant to give that realism to computers the professional end/MAYA crowd would laugh at - at the cost of taking quite a while to render a good scene, G-d help you with fields of weeds and water...  You might have the 'chamber of horrors' with a dozen Davo props slowed to 1 frame a second even if the 'chamber of a thousand bats' runs at 120 fps...  Coz you made the bats and they have 50 polys each and the mesh works perfectly with the texture while any Poser gear is 10K-90K poly (even older stuff) with huge texture maps that cover the whole thing 10x for high resolution up close and the computer reading the file has to interpret how to apply the mesh and the layers of reflection, transparency, etc.  And then all the morphs so the mouth can open, you can casually "Weird Science" the breasts, expressions on the face...  Wow...  Let a FPS engine try to drag that legacy...

My old game AATOFL uses tons of HIGH poly models (especially the clothes.. ufff) but somehow (occlusion culling , optimization) it runs okay (based on the experience from the *deleted*s  and my old pc i7 2600k with a gtx 680 on highest setting always >60)

And btw. it is not the high poly which kills FPS it is the stuff on top of that (Shadows, lightning , animations , textures used )

Poly fill rate of modern graphic cards is really good but once you shine a light on it it all goes to hell >_< (but hey.. there is also the no shadow option along with cheap shaders ^_^)

Or.. decimation :)

DAZ and *deleted* are big on selling 'extended' license, but similar issue and IMO just a cash grab to gullible.  The real issue coming up is someone taking something like Troll or V4 with a specific outfit and somehow wiggling them into working on a live FPS game.  In abstract that'd be a violation though per the previous paragraph to make it work in even the most modern, high FPS games needing graphics cards that cost more than most mid range systems you'd have to strip down the model.  Far more processing for the adorable lips of one of Aery/Aeon soul's "Alice" mods than a dozen HALO grunts. 

I have the old game develop license from Daz3d and as stated above (see my old game AATOFL) i already used it. and it works quite fine.And since the game focus only on two characters it is not that demanding. And it also woks with multiple clothing items.

a pic as a prove... ahmm...

(Vivian from AATOFL a Daz3d genesis 2 model)

Anyway... i hope the admins on this site replies to this topic and tell me if this is a option for them (as it was years ago) or if this is not possible this time.

Xordus  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:20:06 AM(UTC)
Xordus

@Site admins

So i guess no admin has read the question