Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DontTellMyWife  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:15:51 PM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi,

I've been using New Gens Victoria 8 for a couple months now with no issue, as well as the HD nipple creator (also by 3feetwolf). I downloaded the NGV8 Expansion Pack (https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/60820_New-Gens-For-Victoria-8-Expansion-Pack) and am having trouble with how it's applying the gen maps: https://imgur.com/a/bpXjJLx. This is on a base gen8 figure with only NVG8 applied, although it's the same with any other figure. It looks to me like it's taken the gen image, split it in half horizontally, and applied it to the torso? All the textures look fine in the folder, and all are appropriately selected in the Surfaces Editor in DAZ. I've only been using DAZ for a few months, so it's entirely possible I've done something wrong, but I've gone through the pdf manual very carefully to no avail, even reinstalling the Expansion Pack.

Any advice would be welcome. Have not been able to try out the liquid additions, given that the gen/torso maps are so wonky.

TIA, 

Erik

DontTellMyWife  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:08:44 PM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Nobody's seen this before?
Absinthe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:49:06 PM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Moving this to the correct forum.

DontTellMyWife  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:27:37 AM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Originally Posted by: Absinthe Go to Quoted Post

Moving this to the correct forum.

Thank you! Sorry to not start it there to begin with.

glossedsfm  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 8:09:07 PM(UTC)
glossedsfm

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DontTellMyWife Go to Quoted Post
Nobody's seen this before?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me too.  The first error i'm getting is when i have a custom character that i've applied BlueJaunte's Sahel textures to.  I generate the textures with the expansion and when i go to apply the gens through expansion the gen area has some transparencies.  With the error in your picture i was able to recreate that by taking a G8F, generating textures for it and then applying the new gens through expansion.  It has the exact same pattern as in your picture.

The original textures dont appear to match up with the generated textures scale and maybe the uv mapping too.  Generated textures have part of the torso and part of the leg.  It looks like there might also be transparency issues because the black outer part of the generated texture is what is showing on your pictures with the black parts on the leg. 

Sahel texture i'm working with

imgur.com/a/VlDPjEX

The expansion gens texture that was generated for Sahel texture

imgur.com/a/aouzugw

Edited by user Saturday, June 1, 2019 8:26:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

glossedsfm  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 8:25:21 PM(UTC)
glossedsfm

Looks like there is also a problem with the expansion overlaying gens on torso textures that have gens textures on it. With the Sahel torso texture the gens texture is bigger so the overlap is noticeable on the generated texture. The default G8F torso texture map doesnt have gens on it so the overlay looks fine because there is nothing for the expansion gens to overlap onto.

Default G8F torso texture map
https://imgur.com/a/PYi7wHu

Generated texture map for G8F
https://imgur.com/a/SxdWvu0
DontTellMyWife  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 12:12:13 AM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Originally Posted by: glossedsfm Go to Quoted Post
Looks like there is also a problem with the expansion overlaying gens on torso textures that have gens textures on it. With the Sahel torso texture the gens texture is bigger so the overlap is noticeable on the generated texture. The default G8F torso texture map doesnt have gens on it so the overlay looks fine because there is nothing for the expansion gens to overlap onto.

Default G8F torso texture map
https://imgur.com/a/PYi7wHu

Generated texture map for G8F
https://imgur.com/a/SxdWvu0

Thanks for the reply.
I got a response back from 3FeetWolf to a PM about this, and he directed me to re-download NGV8 and reinstall, then reinstall the expansion pack. I hadn't updated NGV8 prior to the expansion pack, and there were dependencies that were not being met. My bad; I think there's even a note on the expansion pack page that says to do that. NGV8 - 1, Noob - 0.
The generated gen textures are now displaying as expected.

I am, however having another issue where the wetness and moisture layers are not appearing only on the gen map, but since I've got the dev involved through PM, I'll just resolve it there.

As far as the issue I originally posted goes, the mods can mark this issue resolved. 3FeetWolf has been very responsive and helpful.

Erik
glossedsfm  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 6:48:01 AM(UTC)
glossedsfm

I did see that bit in the readme about reinstalling NVG8 then installing the expansion. I redid it twice then decided to redownload the one from renderotica instead. It still doesn't work on diffuse textures that already have gens on the texture map like the Sahel one i linked. It does finally work for me on textures that do not have gens on it like the default G8F one, but still cant figure out how to get it on textures with gens already on it.