Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xaqq  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 11:41:22 PM(UTC)
xaqq

If you flip through this comic u can see some pretty interesting deformations especially on page 36:

https://e-hentai.org/g/1162826/af33deb539/

it seems like the japanese have their on Daz/poser website and content sharing forum.... i wonder if i can grab hold of any of their content.....

SnarltheWerewolf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 7:33:49 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
They invested heavily in Poser in Japan back in the 00's, mostly because Smith Micro had a vendor handling their Japanese sales and support. There were also a lot more artists also worked in Mez and Blender and made their own items and they were pretty open about sharing it.

As Daz has taken a stronger grip on the market and with G3 and G8 being pretty much straight up Daz only it's become more fragmented of late. Though unfortunately Daz has no real Japanese language support, so it's been up the artists to figure it out and then disseminate the information to other artists. You still see a lot of people work in Poser still.

Products that are made for Daz/Poser are harder to find as a lot of 3D products made now are designed to be used in comic and manga reference products. So you can buy a set of walls (for instance) but they're literally just walls and have no textures. It's just meant for the artist to use as a bg and then they trace over it in a painting program.

Booth has a lot of these Japanese items for sale.
xaqq  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 1:28:09 AM(UTC)
xaqq

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post
They invested heavily in Poser in Japan back in the 00's, mostly because Smith Micro had a vendor handling their Japanese sales and support. There were also a lot more artists also worked in Mez and Blender and made their own items and they were pretty open about sharing it.

As Daz has taken a stronger grip on the market and with G3 and G8 being pretty much straight up Daz only it's become more fragmented of late. Though unfortunately Daz has no real Japanese language support, so it's been up the artists to figure it out and then disseminate the information to other artists. You still see a lot of people work in Poser still.

Products that are made for Daz/Poser are harder to find as a lot of 3D products made now are designed to be used in comic and manga reference products. So you can buy a set of walls (for instance) but they're literally just walls and have no textures. It's just meant for the artist to use as a bg and then they trace over it in a painting program.

Booth has a lot of these Japanese items for sale.

what do u mean by "booth"

and I just found the artist's blog on Pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66643662

if u click and look at his work, He only Lists DAZ Studio as what he uses, he doesnt list Poser....

He also lists zbrush i believe but I doubt he sculpted every single deformation for every single specific scene/situation....

SnarltheWerewolf  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 9:04:55 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Booth is an on-line store that sells goods. If a Pixiv artist has a booth site with goods you'll see a quick link to their newest goods on Pixiv. Chocolate sells a bunch of their stuff on Booth. The link you pasted has a booth icon on the side.

The person you linked to worked in Poser in the past, he/she even has 7 images tagged as Poser. Reading the description on the pic you linked to talks about him experimenting for the first time with Dforce and this animation was his first experiment. Like I stated in the original reply, most of the Japanese artists make/model their own stuff because, so I would say chances are high he made his own morphs and simulations.