Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrainInAVat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 10:02:10 AM(UTC)
BrainInAVat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Searching for Animations here is difficult and the Animations + Pose section has from what I can tell essentially only Poses. 

Why are animations so rare? Is their a way to filter assets just by animations (ignore poses) and is there perhaps another site that may have more Daz animations for purchasing? 
Perhaps animations are rare because they are difficult to do? 

wurger  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 10:05:38 AM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Animations are time consuming to create and have them look good, and Daz Studio isn't the greatest environment to do so. I don't know how Poser fares in that department.
PoisonIvy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 1:10:29 PM(UTC)
PoisonIvy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
There was a Content-artist named here "Stimuli" with some really great animated preset. But i noticed yesterday that the store was closed and all the products have been pulled.
I know this because i had a bunch of thier animated preset products in my wishlist's i was going to pick up yesterday.
I am not sure what happen to the Artist or where they went, Its rather disappointing because there was no announcement on Stimuli departing, so I hope they just retired and not something bad happened like covid . it would have been great to had a heads up he was leaving though. i would have bought everything in my wishlist's much sooner
BrainInAVat  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 5:00:56 PM(UTC)
BrainInAVat

Originally Posted by: PoisonIvy Go to Quoted Post
There was a Content-artist named here "Stimuli" with some really great animated preset. But i noticed yesterday that the store was closed and all the products have been pulled.
I know this because i had a bunch of thier animated preset products in my wishlist's i was going to pick up yesterday.
I am not sure what happen to the Artist or where they went, Its rather disappointing because there was no announcement on Stimuli departing, so I hope they just retired and not something bad happened like covid . it would have been great to had a heads up he was leaving though. i would have bought everything in my wishlist's much sooner

Did a quick search and it seems there are a few older V7 and back animations from Xameva and one where he and Stimuli worked together that didn't get pulled. 

Dang what a tease lol. I do wish that it were more simple to narrow down in on the animations on this site at least or sort by version? 
But if their are hardly any animations I suppose it makes sense to bundle it with poses. 

Is it hard to port over older version animations to V8 or V8.1? 

PoisonIvy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 7:32:01 PM(UTC)
PoisonIvy

Yes that is Unfortunate.
Ive been learning how to do mine animations by hand key-framing and using dforce for soft-body tissue like the breast and the "V"with a little success. But nothing beats a great animated preset that has been created with Marvelous Designer ported for daz studio in MDD format.
I even had thought about buying Marvelous Designer. But heck its cloud only now so it cost like $39 US for a month. so for a hobbyist its not worth the cost
BrainInAVat  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 8:18:57 PM(UTC)
BrainInAVat

Yes that is Unfortunate.
Ive been learning how to do mine animations by hand key-framing and using dforce for soft-body tissue like the breast and the "V"with a little success. But nothing beats a great animated preset that has been created with Marvelous Designer ported for daz studio in MDD format.
I even had thought about buying Marvelous Designer. But heck its cloud only now so it cost like $39 US for a month. so for a hobbyist its not worth the cost

Joined in 2012 with 12 posts, I'm sure getting you to talk lol. 

Looking into Marvelous Designer, hadn't heard of it. 
What else do you know in terms of tool/software/stores to get the job done? I'm new to the scene and trying to learn what I can. 

PoisonIvy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 10:57:17 PM(UTC)
PoisonIvy

IMO Marvelous Designer is great for making clothing and accessory models, but for making refined animation presets the results I think are as good as Maya's motions designer. But both software are cloud now so that's why I have stuck with daz studio ..lol

Just starting out .
I would get yourself a good video editor to put your films together with. I like premier Pro cs6 . But all that is available is premier cc cloud its a rip off so I would go with the free version of Hitfilm express it pretty much does everything Adobe Premier will do.
I primarily use Daz Studio 4.12 and genesis8 female and male characters for my character animation and rendering in iray. I'll use After-effects and blender for somethings mostly for making UV's maps , textures and special animation cycles I can't accomplish in daz. I have made 100's of animations. But I have just started getting into adult animated films to sell myself.

TheBitterGent  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 3:39:07 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Wellllll Shit. Had those on my list as well. 

TheBitterGent  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 3:55:30 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Originally Posted by: BrainInAVat Go to Quoted Post

Searching for Animations here is difficult and the Animations + Pose section has from what I can tell essentially only Poses. 

Why are animations so rare? Is their a way to filter assets just by animations (ignore poses) and is there perhaps another site that may have more Daz animations for purchasing? 
Perhaps animations are rare because they are difficult to do? 

Animations are a series of poses. A higher number of poses depending on the number of keyframes that need to be added into the timeline interpolations to make them run smoothly. Change a figure height or shape too far from the default and then you have to adjust practically all the frames though I believe. Daz wont interpolate correctly between frames like the original save so its A LOT of adjusting even for slightly custom characters is my understanding. I have only dabbled slightly with animations and I found they can get out of control rather quickly if you're not precise. If you search animations you can find some they will be short and "open" so that they should need less collision or clipping adjusting with minor tweaks. Stimili has/had the best and vastest selection didnt realize they were gone till seeing this thread.

I should have picked them up during the Spring Sale

TheBitterGent  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 4:34:50 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Originally Posted by: BrainInAVat Go to Quoted Post

Looking into Marvelous Designer, hadn't heard of it. 
What else do you know in terms of tool/software/stores to get the job done? I'm new to the scene and trying to learn what I can. 

If I may chime in.

Mixamo has a large selection of canned animations but they probably arent the XXX you are looking for. Daz is good but has a learning curve and animations are tweened sharply unless manually smoothed out. Blender is an excellent and inexpensive (free) jack of all trades, good for animating, modeling, sculpting, rigging, mapping, shading, rendering, and overall 3d. SourceForge from Steam or Valve rather is used by quite a a few adult animators as is Blender. Some artist are experimenting with Unity and Unreal game engines as a means of animation pipelines but not seeing much coming from those yet (in the adult space outside videogames obviously). Marvelous Designer is the premium option for clothing design. Maya is premium modeling. ZBrush is premium sculpting, they offer a free trial version called Sculptris but I find your probably better served by going straight to Blender as Blender is catching and passing the premium competitors extremely quickly. Daz has a free modeler included Hexagon but ick, again Blender is the hotness and has a multitude of in-depth tutorials by multiple YouTubers (ie: BlenderGuru doughnuts). For post and 2d support I prefer Serif's Affinity suite of products (Photo and Designer mainly, with Publisher to float between the programs) as a much less expensive (1 time buy with free updates), newer, lighter, and more user friendly option to Adobe programs and pricing model. I point beginners to Blender and BlenderGuru on Youtube to get basic terminologies and workflow understanding so when they have a question they know what to ask to get the to meat of the answer quickly. 

Edited by user Friday, April 1, 2022 4:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
PoisonIvy on 4/1/2022(UTC)
PoisonIvy  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 9:12:28 PM(UTC)
PoisonIvy