Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sildenafil  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:47:37 PM(UTC)
sildenafil

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Every time I use any of these in a dforce simulation, they explode.  They get to about 13% fairly quickly, but after that it'll take an hour plus to finish, and when it does the results are horrible, and I can't back it up to a point where it looks natural in the timeline.  Pack 3 works flawlessly.  I am using the dforce prep as noted.  I've tried it on multiple scenes with multiple character assets and the results are always the same.  I've not tried all of them, just 1, 2 and 4 with the same results.

dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:40:39 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Pro pack 3's shaders are far more stable, updated. I just haven't had time to update pro pack 2, sorry. It will be updated shortly.
It's shader must be used according ti it's readme file's instructions, but will be on propack 3's level soon.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
sildenafil on 11/30/2019(UTC)
hansolocambo  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 2:03:12 AM(UTC)
hansolocambo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

@sildenafil

Check about Dforce settings here :

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3250046/#Comment_3250046

Or simply select a cumshot from DB-XXX Cum Pro Pack 3 that works fine. And copy its dforce properties (Surface tab / Editor) onto a Pro Pack 2 asset that doesn't behave properly. If you configure properly the dforce of a Pro Pack 2 asset you can then save it as a duf : File - Save as - Support Asset - Figure/Prop Asset.

Next time you need it, simply import it using the File - Merge command. 

The quality went definitely up between pack 1 (great shapes really, but no dforce) and pack 3. Those 2 first packs definitely deserve an update.

Anyway. Thanks db-xxx. Your work is very inspiring.

Edited by user Friday, March 13, 2020 4:01:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matt  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:51:55 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

OK, here's some fun times. When I try to use a second cumshot from Pro Pack 2 in a scene, it explodes in the dforce simulation, every time. I've tried freezing the first simulation, but the second one still explodes, taking Studio down with it. Any tips?

dbxxx  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Pro pack 2 is very fiddly because of it's complexity and size so it's advised to cancel the simulation as soon as it conforms. Also try to place the props as close as you can without touching to the surface you want it to conform to, but in such a way that it is as parallel as possible to the surface so all parts of the prop hit the surface with similar force from similar height.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
matt on 11/18/2020(UTC)
Optika  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 6:05:49 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Own pack 1. As the other two packs are on sale now I would like to know if pack 2 was updated as suggested in the meantime. Thanks!

dbxxx  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 10:11:02 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Sorry but no.
Optika  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 11:46:25 AM(UTC)
Optika

Any idea if/when? Grabbed XY plus the materials yesterday and am thinking about those Pro Packs but they should get optimized in the near future once there are issues, no?
vagans  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 3:02:52 PM(UTC)
vagans

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post
Any idea if/when? Grabbed XY plus the materials yesterday and am thinking about those Pro Packs but they should get optimized in the near future once there are issues, no?

I highly recommend Pro Pack 3, I've used it a lot and don't have any issues. It's just a matter of knowing how to use them effectively.

1. Use Cartoon shader view to position the cumshot, it's much easier to see them
  2. Parent the cumshot to the figure/object you want it on
  3. Position at an angle just above the surface you want it on, don't have it too high so it falls far
  4. When you start simulation, get ready to cancel after only a few dforce cycles as it conforms fast, leaving it to simulate further will only cause issues and possible have it slide off further
  5. Always set Freeze Simulation on each cumshot once you're happy with it as you're invariably going to use multiple and don't want to do more than one at a time

When you're position it ready for simulation, keep in mind gravity and knowing how it is going to fall. Sometimes when I have a character that's more vertical, I'll rotate them to be more horizontal, position and simulate the cumshot in the desired location and then rotate the figure back to where they need to be.

thanks 1 user thanked vagans for this useful post.
Optika on 12/16/2020(UTC)
Optika  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:36:02 AM(UTC)
Optika

Originally Posted by: vagans Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post

I highly recommend Pro Pack 3, I've used it a lot and don't have any issues. It's just a matter of knowing how to use them effectively.

1. Use Cartoon shader view to position the cumshot, it's much easier to see them
  2. Parent the cumshot to the figure/object you want it on
  3. Position at an angle just above the surface you want it on, don't have it too high so it falls far
  4. When you start simulation, get ready to cancel after only a few dforce cycles as it conforms fast, leaving it to simulate further will only cause issues and possible have it slide off further
  5. Always set Freeze Simulation on each cumshot once you're happy with it as you're invariably going to use multiple and don't want to do more than one at a time

When you're position it ready for simulation, keep in mind gravity and knowing how it is going to fall. Sometimes when I have a character that's more vertical, I'll rotate them to be more horizontal, position and simulate the cumshot in the desired location and then rotate the figure back to where they need to be.

Thanks for that input. Will look for Pack 3 then. Regarding your #5 how does one freeze a particular item from simulation?

dbxxx  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 10:44:51 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

It's in the Simulation group in the Parameters pane.