Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stepqwan  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2022 2:23:22 PM(UTC)
stepqwan

Hello y'all,

I I don't know how to make the geoshell of the lingerie visible on the genitalia geograft, I have tried adjusting the offset distance, deforming the shell and also arranging the node order by put the graft first then the shell but still the geoshell around the area of the genitalia geograft is invisible so,

Any suggestion?

respect,

Steve

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2022 2:34:24 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Have you added the Lingerie material to the geo shell surfaces for the graft. You will usually have to do this manually as the geo shell will pick up the surfaces from the graft, but the lingerie geo shell presets won't have the information for those additional surfaces from the graft. So you'll need to copy surface settings from a near neighbor of the graft, usually you will be copying from the geo shell's torso or body surface and pasting it to the geo shell's graft surfaces. (Sometimes you may have an extra step of applying the matching base shader to the geo shell surfaces first)

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
stepqwan on 5/23/2022(UTC)
stepqwan  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 4:59:43 AM(UTC)
stepqwan

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Have you added the Lingerie material to the geo shell surfaces for the graft. You will usually have to do this manually as the geo shell will pick up the surfaces from the graft, but the lingerie geo shell presets won't have the information for those additional surfaces from the graft. So you'll need to copy surface settings from a near neighbor of the graft, usually you will be copying from the geo shell's torso or body surface and pasting it to the geo shell's graft surfaces. (Sometimes you may have an extra step of applying the matching base shader to the geo shell surfaces first)

Hello BrotherHades,

Thank you for your advice bro, I tried copy and apply the lingerie material of the geoshell (torso, where the material belongs) to the geograft (with only torso and also with all of surfaces) but, the result is in the attachment picture.

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 8:29:30 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: stepqwan Go to Quoted Post

Hello BrotherHades,

Thank you for your advice bro, I tried copy and apply the lingerie material of the geoshell (torso, where the material belongs) to the geograft (with only torso and also with all of surfaces) but, the result is in the attachment picture.

You don't need to copy the torso textures to the geo graft surfaces on the graft, you need to copy/paste to the graft surfaces on the shell. When a shell is loaded, or a graft is loaded into a scene with a shell, the Grafts surfaces are copied to the shell. The surfaces you need to add the torso material to for it to cover the graft is on the shell itself (a lot of the time the adding of the graft surfaces to the shell is what causes the dreaded white shells, as the surfaces added from the grafts doesn't have texture information it shows as white). What you'll need to do is select the shell, go to surface tab, and scroll till you see the graft named surfaces on the shell, then copy the torso textures to the graft surfaces of the shell.  

stepqwan  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 10:39:47 AM(UTC)
stepqwan

Hello BrotherHades,

You don't need to copy the torso textures to the geo graft surfaces on the graft, you need to copy/paste to the graft surfaces on the shell. When a shell is loaded, or a graft is loaded into a scene with a shell, the Grafts surfaces are copied to the shell. The surfaces you need to add the torso material to for it to cover the graft is on the shell itself (a lot of the time the adding of the graft surfaces to the shell is what causes the dreaded white shells, as the surfaces added from the grafts doesn't have texture information it shows as white). What you'll need to do is select the shell, go to surface tab, and scroll till you see the graft named surfaces on the shell, then copy the torso textures to the graft surfaces of the shell.  

Thank you again brotherHades. I followed all the instruction which you provided but the result is kind of similar from the previous one without "shellfix"

If you have any suggestion, I am willing to try

respect,

Steve

BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 2:52:24 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

What graft are you using? and does it use the base UVs or does it have it's own UVs?

If it uses it's own UVs then there may not be an option to get the lingerie to work as the shell surfaces copied would likely also be copying the UVs settings and if it doesn't match, short of someone remapping the graft to use the base UVs, then copying the torso material won't work well. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
stepqwan on 5/23/2022(UTC)
stepqwan  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 3:21:43 PM(UTC)
stepqwan

What graft are you using? and does it use the base UVs or does it have it's own UVs?

If it uses it's own UVs then there may not be an option to get the lingerie to work as the shell surfaces copied would likely also be copying the UVs settings and if it doesn't match, short of someone remapping the graft to use the base UVs, then copying the torso material won't work well. 

I use Sledgehammer Genitalia and Hameleon Panties, I have checked their UVs. For genitalia, it use default UVs but the panties has its own UVs so, I guess I learnt something. By the way, thank you so much for your time BrotherHades

Respect,

Steve

BrotherHades  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 8:34:32 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

I use Sledgehammer Genitalia and Hameleon Panties, I have checked their UVs. For genitalia, it use default UVs but the panties has its own UVs so, I guess I learnt something. By the way, thank you so much for your time BrotherHades

Respect,

Steve

I was afraid that was the problem after you uploaded the last image, it just looks like a UV mismatch. Sadly short of remapping Hameleon's shell outfit to match base UVs there's not much that can be done. 

No problem, I just wish I could have been more helpful.