Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hud  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 7:14:02 AM(UTC)
Hud

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

In our last episode, I was having trouble with all my Renderotica products: turned out I'd been copying the 'Content' folder into 'My Library', rather than pulling out the 'data', 'runtime' and 'people' or 'props' folders instead.  Following the kind advice of Blake_Stronge and Digital_Mercury, I was able to load and use just over half my Renderotica inventory. 

However, there's still a good 45% of stuff that's resisting my efforts - practically all the Meipe products I own, for example, though there are some Vunter Slaush items still holding out.

Any thoughts, 3D crusaders? 

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 8:15:22 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hud Go to Quoted Post

In our last episode, I was having trouble with all my Renderotica products: turned out I'd been copying the 'Content' folder into 'My Library', rather than pulling out the 'data', 'runtime' and 'people' or 'props' folders instead.  Following the kind advice of Blake_Stronge and Digital_Mercury, I was able to load and use just over half my Renderotica inventory. 

However, there's still a good 45% of stuff that's resisting my efforts - practically all the Meipe products I own, for example, though there are some Vunter Slaush items still holding out.

Any thoughts, 3D crusaders? 

Once you have all the files in the correct folders (runtime and data folders are the important ones to have installed correctly) you will need to delete the old props in the scene that are still "blocky" since they won't automatically update.

Place fresh copies of the props on your figure and they should no longer be blocks, if you have the data and runtime folders correctly installed. :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Hud on 9/26/2021(UTC)
Hud  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 2:46:44 PM(UTC)
Hud

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks, Thunder - good advice, but how do I get stuff in the correct folders?
matt  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 4:50:05 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hud Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, Thunder - good advice, but how do I get stuff in the correct folders?

I made a thread and tutorial about that very topic. Have a look. 

www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=218553&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post424868

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 9/26/2021(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 2:14:28 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Just in case Matt's guide does not help you pinpoint the issue the DS log may help shed some light.

Should be at - c:\Users\<usre-name>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt - On a Windows PC.
Try and load an item in question then check from the bottom of the log looking for "failed".

It should tell you what the loader script was looking for and the path, relative to itself, where it was looking.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.