Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Optika  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:45:22 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

OK, so I installed the 1-5-ZIP assuming this is v3 and the latest versions.

I generally like the product but there are some certain problems unfortunately.

# Making the gens flaccid.

I struggle with this. There is a dedicated morph but that once can IMO only be dialed in to a max of around 50%. After that the gens get distorted as "the segments shift into each other"'.

Tried is on a Vicky 8.1.

With other figures its even worse. I applied the gens to XF Diana (from xtrart-3d at DAZ), a G8F-based figure which is not that much different from Vicky in shape. Here there is 100% Diana FBM applied to XXY. Now in that case the flaccid morph causes distortions (see viewport shot) from the very beginning. And the FBM cannot be dialed out as this would distort the craft/figure intersection.

What to do?

# SF-Design morphs

I tried those which I purchased as well. But those seem to be not compatible with 1.5 yet. Will get in touch with the vendor directly.

# MATs

There are only MATs for G8F and Vicky 8. MAT copy looked good on XF Diana but I would still like to tweak things. Is there a recommendation whether or not to use the shell or how to colorize it to match things. I also wonder if it would make sense to have a dedicated glans material zone to better use the color of the figure on the shaft.

Oh, and are the HDM textures also coming for XXY?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 17, 2021 5:21:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 8:55:43 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
HDM for XXY is almost ready and will be available in few days. Shell is required for any detail but it's color can be changed with maps but as I said HDM is coming.

As for flaccid morph I'm not sure I follow you correctly. I used more than 20 different Daz characters to make XXY 1.5 and now it's HDM and tested it on them. There can be distortion but what I did was
dial down the characters morph on XXY(under actor) and then as you said it messes it up but then you can select XXY's hip and use translate sliders to position it correctly. If needed you can use other bones to fine tune (like rectum or "penis root"). That worked on all those characters I tested.

I'm submitting yet another small update for XXY 1.5 so I will elaborate on this in the updated readme file.
Optika  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:33:59 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Would be cool if you could provide a short tutorial on optimizing XXY on a non-plain-G8F/V8 figure. I tested again starting with plain G8F and Vicky 8/8.1 and then things went better.

Still two things which gave me a hard time:

1) Poses
I tested with some of your poses. Had quite strange effects on the backside. Will provide viewport shots later to illustrate. Those things might be possible to dial out with those translate sliders as you suggested but I just don't know which ones to alter.

2) Textures
If one uses a non-G8F/Vicky-texture, the front looks OK (although HDM would be great). What causes problems is the backside around the anus. Tried it for example with Charlotte 8 texture on a G8F. After MAT copy one gets quite massive seams whether or not the shell is turned on or not. And I think that one can only apply the provided G8F/Vicky-Material on the shell for now, right. Could also provide screenshots to compare the look of the backside for various figures illustrating the problem. Or is there a different way for applying XXY to a different texture?
dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:53:08 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

XXY HDM is finished and I'm just now finishing the promo material. Also I will upload at the same time another update for XXY which takes care of texture mismatch.

As for poses I did try to make new XXY 1.5 as backwards compatible as possible but it's still very different. That's why I kept the old version available. The poses should be easy to tweak so they works.
sizzleknuckle  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:42:41 PM(UTC)
sizzleknuckle

HDM appears to be missing files:

runtime/textures/db xxx/db xxx-xxy/db xxx-xxy c.jpg
runtime/textures/db xxx/db xxx-xxy/db xxx-xxy shell.jpg
dbxxx  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:48:40 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Those are textures from XXY. XXY HDM use those two textures from base XXY. If it can't find them something isn't installed correctly, probably XXY.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
sizzleknuckle on 3/24/2021(UTC)
sizzleknuckle  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 8:34:57 AM(UTC)
sizzleknuckle

Had to install 1-5-1. That fixed it. Thanks.