Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trenchdweller  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:28:36 AM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I've noted that many vendors have started using a "data' file to put their content within. It works great! (only in the "My Daz Library") The only problem is, A 'Data" file doesn't exist in my Content Library. I know Mike1954 does this and his product is unusable to me' I always feel stupid for buying the product before going through the read me With a fine-tooth comb to make sure the vendor hasn't done this. Beyond that, I am at a loss. Why would someone do this, and is there a fix for it?

Thanks for any and all help,
Trenchdweller

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:14:46 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

The Data folder holds the .dsf files in Daz Studio (External Geometry, Vertex Modifications, and UV information) if there is no mesh, or if they use .obj (Which would then be located in Runtime/Geometries/) rather than .dsf then there is no point in including the Data folder. So poses and several other products aren't going to include Data folders nor should they.

Also as the Data folder has no user facing files Daz Studio has been set up so the Data folder wont show up in the Content Library or Smart Content.