Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juststan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:55:52 PM(UTC)
juststan

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello,

I plan to buy the dick model XY, but can I export it separately from genesis 8, only dick? Can I also delete the anus in maya and only keep the dick? I want to use it on other characters which are not daz. I will adjust the textures just need the model.

What is the polygon count of the dick?

dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:27:37 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hi,

Well you can export it separately from Genesis but you will have to do some cutting. The geograft encompasses entire pubic and anal region. It's about 4000 vertices, the whole thing.

Anyway what you want to do can be done but there will be some issues, not only on XY but on any kind of penis model. If you cut some parts off you will need to make new UV maps to make the textures work. What I would do if I wanted to do that is just make a morph for it which will scale down everything except the penis so the anal region is still there just a lot smaller and thus you wont need new UV maps, textures will still work. There will still be the issue of attaching it to your figure.

I have to add that if you do anything like that there are no guarantees that anything will still work because XY is designed to work with DAZ Studio.
juststan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:33:59 AM(UTC)
juststan

Okay, all of this can be done and even create new UVs since I only need a good model dick shape to use as a reference. The only problem that I have is how to make it match my human skin without having any seams

dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:01:47 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Well that is the hardest part.
The best way is to make your own textures or use the original and just match the color.
I can't be more precise because I don't know what are you making and where will you render it.
If you are making your own shaders then its easy but if you use any more complex shader system you need to match the shader to your character, not only the texture, which is far more complex. If that is the case then you must match all the maps, not just difuse.
For simple rendering engines just use photoshop to match(clone) your characters texture.

I should point out that you can't sell anything you make changing my products or any of their parts, only the renders.
juststan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:54:25 AM(UTC)
juststan

The colors cant be matched for some reason there is always a seam even with custom textures. I also cut the pubes of penis a little bit they are taking way too much space, but yeah the seam is always there might be some shading issue or I dont know, do you have any ideas?

dbxxx  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:20:44 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

I'd love to help but you still didn't tell me which rendering engine are you using. Also please send me an render of the problem. You can send it to me via e-mail. My address is in every readme file of my products.