Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sparkieshock  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 10:48:49 AM(UTC)
Sparkieshock

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Hey, so I bought this Gens model a while ago for Genesis 8 male and I just can't get it to work properly. It loads up the model fine enough .. copies textures .. and if you have the camera up close and do an iray test render it actually comes through .. but the moment you move the camera back the hip portion disappears?!?

Move in close and it comes back. I tried messing with displacement and all sorts and couldn't get it to fix itself. I turn off the shell and this problem went away .. but then so did the textures.

I use Octane to render with mostly and this model is just absolutely impossible to use with Octane. The Shell is doing all sorts of weird stuff and trying to manually load up the DBXX gens texture does nothing to help. I'm at the end of my tether with this thing .It looks great in previews here .. and looks alright close up in my render .. but if I can't so much as have the camera a foot away from my guy .. this is kinda a deal breaker. Can anyone explain what the hell is going on with the hip texture coming and going depending on where the camera is. Clearly the Shell and the DBXX geometry is clashing.

I would so love to use this model .. but it's unusable to me right now .. and has been since I bought it months ago. I'd appreciate any insight and help to get it to work.

Sparkie

dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 9:12:30 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
That is an bug with Daz Studio 4.12, it will be fixed shortly but for now you can select XY Shell in your "scene" tab and go to Parameters-XY Shell-General-Mesh offset- and change the offset value from 0.0020 to 0.0080 and it will work.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
Sparkieshock on 11/13/2019(UTC)
Sparkieshock  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:05:48 PM(UTC)
Sparkieshock

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Okay .. thanks for this .. I shall try. This might even affect the outcome on Octane too as the shell causes some even worse problems in Octane render. Changing the offset should indeed work.
Again thanks for commenting.