Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodgevision  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:32:10 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

Ok so pretty much my same workflow I did in Daz 4.10 does not work in Daz 4.11. What happens is when I go to Geogaft my characters Vagina on from the Golden Palace for Gen 8 Characters Vagina pack. It seems to not want to not stay snapped to the characters. The only one it works good for is the Base Gen 8 Character and then if I try and morph it to one of the other characters it just gets messed up still. Also Geogafting seems to be a bit buggy in 4.11 as well. I am just wondering if anyone has been having these issues or if I just did something wrong but I am pretty sure I am doing everything correct cause it used to work in 4.10? Any thoughts or Idea's would be awesome I am waiting to hear back from Daz to see if I can get my hands on a copy of Daz Studio 4.10 to see if that's a reason. Thanks :)

Masterstroke  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:41:21 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Do you have the geometry editor active? In that case geo graft doesn't work.

Thunder-3D  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:49:59 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I can't say for sure if this is the problem you're having, but I have noticed for a while that if I'm working in Studio for a very long time (like 3+ hours) and make a large number of changes to the figures positioning, after a while the edge of some grafts will become detached from the figure mesh causing tiny shadows that aren't noticeable until I go to render.

I've found that saving/reloading scene clears this issue up every time.
ProtocolZero  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:50:52 PM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I usually keep at least the last five or six releases of DS, for just such an emergency.

To address your issues, tho', geo-graft seems to be working just fine for me in DS 4.11.
dodgevision  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:51:31 AM(UTC)
dodgevision

K thanks guys will try some of those idea's still waiting to hear back from Daz about the older version. And yeah going to keep a back-up for sure this time.
dodgevision  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:13:18 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

Do you have the geometry editor active? In that case geo graft doesn't work.

Yes I do, I learned that the hard way awhile back but thanks for the tip

dodgevision  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:40:26 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

K so I went back to see if I could figure out more while I wait to hear back from Daz. Seems the problem is the Models I use are much different then the base Gen 8 Female cause the Golden Palace Gen 8 works on models close in body size at least when I geo gaft it on. Then when I try a Gen 8 Model Kikyou for example with the same process it does not work, you can see the image below for a example. And what makes me think its the new Daz is that it worked in Daz 4.10 just not in 4.11? So going to try more stuff but if anyone has a Zip of Daz 4.10 that would be amazing, hoping to hear from Daz about getting that version by the end of the week but we will see. If not no worries I will keep you guys posted and thanks for all the input. :)  

Link of Issue below just a discord image 

https://tinyurl.com/yymlwtyr

dodgevision  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:55:51 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

Hey everyone got a version of 4.10 and yeah something happened in the new Daz with those models I use cause in 4.10 they do work with the same workflow. Later I might see if I can report the issue with the models that I am using to maybe see if they can fix it for current Daz 4.11. Does anyone know other ways to report bugs to daz other then a support ticket? Either way glad its working again and thanks everyone for the input. <3 :)

Discord image of the Fixed model below: 

https://tinyurl.com/y3jvst8f