Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
truthordare  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 8:46:32 AM(UTC)
truthordare

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help me to understand how the animated pose sets sold here, such as by Stimuli and Mastermind, are rendered in DAZ. Are we really talking about rendering, say, 200 individual frames to produce a loop? How long might that take on an average laptop? Also, can one select individual frames and render those as static scenes?

Thank you!

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:46:44 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)

Easiest option for animated poses is to render as a movie, though you can alternately render as an image series and combine them in post processing. Any yes you can render individual frames as well, you just use the timeline to pick the frame you want and render out as a single image. All three options are found under Render Settings>General>Render Type 

As to length of time to render it will vary depending on the specs of your machine, which render engine is used, what options are selected in the render engine, and complexity of scene. I have made animations that took a matter of minutes in OpenGL to several hours in 3Delight. I will admit I have never made an animation in iRay so I'm not sure how long it might take.

Edited by user Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:53:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

truthordare  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:49:56 PM(UTC)
truthordare

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Easiest option for animated poses is to render as a movie, though you can alternately render as an image series and combine them in post processing. Any yes you can render individual frames as well, you just use the timeline to pick the frame you want and render out as a single image. All three options are found under Render Settings>General>Render Type 

As to length of time to render it will vary depending on the specs of your machine, which render engine is used, what options are selected in the render engine, and complexity of scene. I have made animations that took a matter of minutes in OpenGL to several hours in 3Delight. I will admit I have never made an animation in iRay so I'm not sure how long it might take.

Sorry for my delay in replying, but thank you! It might be worth the price of a pose just to try it out. Thanks again!

truthordare  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:02:39 AM(UTC)
truthordare

Well, my lappy managed to get through only about five frames a characters-only animation preset in about dine hours. So it doesn't look like animation is a realistic pursuit for me. I'll be using the poses for single-frame renders, at least.