Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PharaohHive  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:13:40 AM(UTC)
PharaohHive

Hello,

I am using Jepe's Bodyhair Project 78 from the official store. The results with XY seem rather weird.

Attached are three renders. The default skin performs very well with the XY product (3.png). However, when using Jepe's bodyhair (a shell), it engenders artifacts (2.png). I tried playing with the diffuse values, which seem to have alleviated the issue, but, evidently, it is not ideal (1.png).

Could you please point me to the right direction to make these two compatible?

PharaohHive attached the following image(s):
3.png
2.png
1.png
dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:41:42 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi,
I'm not using mentioned product but that looks like shell intersection problem, you can try setting the mesh offset to 0,003 for that hair shell to make sure it goes over XY shell and definitely load the hair last. If the hair is saved correctly it will follow XY's shape if loaded after it.
PharaohHive  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:18:36 PM(UTC)
PharaohHive

Originally Posted by: dbxxx Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I'm not using mentioned product but that looks like shell intersection problem, you can try setting the mesh offset to 0,003 for that hair shell to make sure it goes over XY shell and definitely load the hair last. If the hair is saved correctly it will follow XY's shape if loaded after it.

Thank you very much for your reply, dbxxx. Unfortunately, the mesh offset did not do the trick (tried other values as well, but they distort the results - same if I apply offset onto the XY asset). The shell is superimposed and conforms to the entire hierarchy of Genesis 8, regardless if it is loaded before or after XY. I also did try reordering, in case it would help prioritize rendering (as it happens in most 3D engines), to no avail.

Is there any way you can think of to prevent the geometry shell from generating geometry for XY? Interestingly, if XY is offset or transformed, the Bodyhair asset will not update itself to reflect said changes. I can selectively enable and disable few elements here and there from the Shell node in the Parameters tab, but it doesn't do much other than remove hairy elements.

At this point, I am pretty sure it should not be your concern, but any help will be appreciated!

dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:44:38 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

I'm, as I said, not familiar with that hair product but if it follows XY's geometry and does not intersect with XY shell then I would suggest that you try to mess with the copies of XY's surfaces which were auto-generated on your hair shell (with the hair shell selected in your scene tab go to "surfaces" tab and look for "Default" and "Torso" possibly with prefix XY). Try changing their "UV set", especially for "Torso".
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
PharaohHive on 4/17/2019(UTC)
PharaohHive  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:14:56 PM(UTC)
PharaohHive

Originally Posted by: dbxxx Go to Quoted Post
I'm, as I said, not familiar with that hair product but if it follows XY's geometry and does not intersect with XY shell then I would suggest that you try to mess with the copies of XY's surfaces which were auto-generated on your hair shell (with the hair shell selected in your scene tab go to "surfaces" tab and look for "Default" and "Torso" possibly with prefix XY). Try changing their "UV set", especially for "Torso".

It was a combination of your suggestions, but a different object and shaders to be copied.

I thank you very much for pointing me to the right direction.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:06:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dbxxx  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:22:44 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Always happy to help :)