Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
5200north  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 6:50:42 PM(UTC)
5200north

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)

does anyone use these on the newer male character? and if you do how do you add them?

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:04:23 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)

They should work ok, though you will not have as good of a match or mesh integration as geografting. And I believe if either had any sort of matching UV mapping it would be mapped for M4 or earlier figures, though I will admit I have not used either in a long time (was never a fan of the conformed or parented genitals as they never fit as well as geografts do. There was at least one conforming genital that conformed with quite a gap between the groin and genital and I think one of the third party male genitals had a certain bug to it when using it as a conformer it would distort or attach upside down.) Anyways to use them try auto fitting at first using the M4 clone if you have it available, if not just parent to the hip and adjust X,Y, and Z translations till you have it in place. Though with either one you will have a headache trying to get the gens map matched to the skin of G3 or G8 and it may require working from the texture template and copying the skin texture from the texture map you are using to the genitals template. Though with all the work it would require to get the older gens to work it might just be easier to get one of the newer gens and use it, since it would geograft to the figure it is designed for and most of them have a certain amount of texture compatibility (as long as the gen has matching UVs set up, most of the major ones in the current generations have utilities to copy the textures from the torso maps and then use geoshells to smooth out transitions, and add color for parts like the glans) so they are a lot easier to work with on the current figures, though as I said UlfGens or AdzHiro should work ok within what limits the tech at the time they were made had.