Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
5200north  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:13:14 PM(UTC)
5200north

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)

i don't usually use female figures but i seem to be doing something wrong when i pose them. i think the photo i attached pretty much explains my problem.

BrimstoneOmega  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 12:05:43 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
That's disturbing...... to say the least.

Do you by chance have a genital prop attached to the figure? I've seen that before when using the Fem Gens by SledgeHammer. That product is great, I'm not bashing it, but the reason why that happens with that prop is it's meant to collide with another object, but when you load it onto a character the collision gets set the character you load it onto. You need to turn the collisions off on the vagina.

If that's not the case, I have no idea what's going on there.
Thunder-3D  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 157 post(s)

I have seen this many times, especially when G8 first came out. (I'm assuming that's G8)

It's a broken JCMorph dial. Probably something like "pJCMThighFwd_115_L"

When G8 was first released, DAZ added or improved a few automatic hip/thigh bend morphs. This was a good thing because it allows G8 to bend her thighs a little more extremely and maintain a smoother mesh than G3.

Unfortunately the dials in the parameters tab were not set to "hidden" when the figures were first released, and would show up as "Currently Used" in the parameters tab. This has been fixed as the dials no longer shows in the Parameters tab unless you select "Show Hidden".

This caused some pose pack creators to Zero those dials when they were doing their "Clean up" pass while getting them ready for market. Sometimes users would also zero these dials themselves, thinking they were errant activated morphs or just playing with the dial to see what it changes.

I'm not a rigging expert, but I do know that making any change to those JCM dials throws them out of sync with the parent joint permanently. Once you apply a pose with the broken dial the joint is effectively broken. I have not had any success "resetting" the dials. (If someone who knows more about rigging has a solution to resetting those dials, please post the solution here :) )

The good news is that the broken dial only exists on THAT character in THAT scene file. Your core characters are unharmed.

You should be able to save a character preset, delete the character, load in a fresh copy of G8 and apply the character preset to get your custom character back, I don't believe it saves the broken dial in the character preset.

I'm 99% sure this is your problem based on the image.

I would also recommend creating a fresh G8 character, and apply the poses you were using until you see the distortion, then delete the offending pose and notify the site so the vendor can be informed and the pose pack be updated.

Hope this helps, if the above was NOT the problem you had, please PM me and I'll give you an email address to send the scene file to so I can look further into it as I'd be VERY curious to see what is going on.

Thunder-3D

Edited by user Friday, February 1, 2019 11:09:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:17:12 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 157 post(s)

Come think of it, please list any props you are using, or if this is just the figure, no geografts.

ProtocolZero  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 11:51:16 PM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
WOW. That there's some weapons-grade nightmare fuel.