Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigsplash  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:12:01 PM(UTC)
bigsplash

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I recently returned to the CG world after a hiatus of about 5 years. i successfully upgraded my laptop to WIN 10 and installed Poser 11. i have alot of legacy content and figures. i am happy to see the diversification of the 3d world and the numerous software developments. However, I think there is a developing problem, what figures and content are backward compatible, do i have to wonder if Poser 4,5,6 stuff can be used in Poser 11 even more confusing is the incremental development of DAZ3D's Victoria series, then the Genisis series of figures. How can I tell if what I want to use is even compatible, this sturr can get expensive as we all know.

My current workaround is to only use figures and props that have been "tested in POSER N" or requires "POSER N+". This is why i tend to shop only here at Renderotica's store/catalog. I remember converting DAZ figure poses to Poser poses, thanks PhilC, bur now I want to expand my pose libraries using poses for Genisis figures as well. I think some type of archive or at least a spreadsheet with all the, or the most popular figures evaluated for release, and other compatible software. I think this would vastly expand thc customer base for all the content producers and software house.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Everyone be well 

Bigsplash