Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
agamersday  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
agamersday

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm having some problems getting the New Gens 8 to work with this character https://www.daz3d.com/aurore-for-genesis-3-and-8-female 

https://i.imgur.com/ikWQwur.jpg

As you can see the skin looks way diffrent. Any idea how to fix that?

thanks 1 user thanked agamersday for this useful post.
MadMachine on 3/28/2019(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:21:25 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Hi, I am going to test this character and will get back to you as soon as I found the problem.
3feetwolf  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:23:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Hi,
I have found the cause of the problem. In Aurore's skin material settings, there is a property called 'SSS Reflectance Tint'.
The 'Use Limits' for this property should be checked by default, but Aurore's author unchecked it and set 'SSS Reflectance Tint' to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.
In the material settings of Anus and Genitalia surfaces of NGV8, the maximum value of 'SSS Reflectance Tint' is 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 due to the limitation of 'Use Limits'.
So in the rendering results, there is a color difference between NGV8 and the surrounding skin.

To solve this problem, first select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8' in the Scene pane and then go to the Surfaces pane.
Select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8 > Anus' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.
Similarly, select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8 > Genitalia' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.

Render again and you will get the correct results.
thanks 3 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
rrkknight3 on 9/17/2018(UTC), banditcameraman on 3/28/2019(UTC), MadMachine on 3/28/2019(UTC)
Glorz  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:25:46 AM(UTC)
Glorz

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just discovered this as i had the same problem with aurore.

A slightly quicker solution is to disable the limits on "SSS Reflectance Tint" and then executing the "Update Materials ...." script that's part of the gen product. No need to manually type in the numbers
thanks 2 users thanked Glorz for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 3/28/2019(UTC), MadMachine on 3/28/2019(UTC)
Venacular  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:34:35 PM(UTC)
Venacular

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 132 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have found the cause of the problem. In Aurore's skin material settings, there is a property called 'SSS Reflectance Tint'.
The 'Use Limits' for this property should be checked by default, but Aurore's author unchecked it and set 'SSS Reflectance Tint' to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.
In the material settings of Anus and Genitalia surfaces of NGV8, the maximum value of 'SSS Reflectance Tint' is 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 due to the limitation of 'Use Limits'.
So in the rendering results, there is a color difference between NGV8 and the surrounding skin.

To solve this problem, first select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8' in the Scene pane and then go to the Surfaces pane.
Select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8 > Anus' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.
Similarly, select 'New Genitalia For Victoria 8 > Genitalia' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00.

Render again and you will get the correct results.

I've found that doing so presents another problem.  Although it seems to clean up the mismatch in the viewport and the NVIDIA preview - when it comes time to render, DAZ will stall as soon as the "Render" button is clicked.  I'm using both New Gens V8 and HD nipples on AuroreG8.  Both products had the mismatch, SSS Reflectance Tint adjustment seemed to fix issue until I clicked "Render"

Has anyone else had this issue?  When I remove the 3feetwolf products, Aurore renders in the scene in just a few minutes.  I put the 3feetwolf gens and HD Nipples back on, and nothing.  Goes right back to stalling until I kill it in Task Manager.  I doubt its 3feetwolf product, because I only have this issue with Aurore.