6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inquire  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 4:57:10 PM(UTC)
inquire

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Does it take G8 materials, or only the materials the product comes with?

thanks 1 user thanked inquire for this useful post.
NikitaHedon on 9/1/2018(UTC)
dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:18:14 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 32 post(s)
For now it copies part of the materials(torso) but the main bit is its own textures, for the photo-realism sake, but the next thing coming soon is an material kit for both XY and XXY which will make them work with any color characters.
simontemplar  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 3:46:41 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
About XXY and XY: the description says "conforming". I think it might be a good thing to correct that and specify "geograft" instead. Something like Erogenesis' TaB is a conforming item and doesn't fuse with the hip geometry of the main figure (yet). Yours is definitely able to do that so it deserves to be clarified :)
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 1:45:10 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Thank you for that. Yes my models are geografts, they do fuse with base model. I will update the description.
thedeadjester  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 10:04:28 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Is this product only supposed to work with Michael 8? It seems the testicles shape is affected by morphs in the thigh region. Case: Load Floyd 8, Load XY and view the testicle distortion. I have found they get wildly affected by most character body morphs.

dbxxx  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 3:47:32 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

For now yes. I need to own other characters to make custom morphs for them.
I'd be happy to make more custom morphs but I cant buy all characters, that would cost me few grands.
I would like to know which characters are most used and will make morphs for them so please write your suggestion below .
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
thedeadjester on 9/4/2018(UTC)
thedeadjester  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:35:41 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Originally Posted by: dbxxx Go to Quoted Post
For now yes. I need to own other characters to make custom morphs for them.
I'd be happy to make more custom morphs but I cant buy all characters, that would cost me few grands.
I would like to know which characters are most used and will make morphs for them so please write your suggestion below .

So this is where my ignorance of geo-grafting shines; I was not aware that individual morphs had to be made for each of the characters. Well the short answer is all of them lol but, if you have to buy them individually I can see that being extremely cost prohibitive. I honestly have no idea what I would suggest. All of the base DAZ characters... Floyd, Ollie, Lucas, Edward, Darius as well as all the fantasy characters like Orc, Troll, GlumGurgle, HobGoblin, Goblin Raider... The alien guys too... I mean, depends on the setting and character as to what I will need but that is the short list. Thanks for your timely response and for answering my questions!

Knarf  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:23:36 PM(UTC)
Knarf

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Doesn't work for me. I use Daz/S 4.10.0.107. and tried this gen on Michael 8 (No HD). When I click the second picture (Mat copy) I get an error. My log file only tell that the script failed to load. To be sure I did the download on Renderotica a second time in case of a corrupted file. So I also installed the XY a second time, without result... any solution for this?

Knarf attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
dbxxx  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:22:28 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Please try to update your Daz Studio. I've had that happen once ond Daz Studio 4.9 and could not recreate it since the update on that system. I use Daz Studio 4.10.0.123 pro.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
Knarf on 9/5/2018(UTC)
Knarf  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:26:51 AM(UTC)
Knarf

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Ok thanks, that did the job. Didn't thought about that immediately because I installed some other scripts few weeks ago without any problems. Now I can see the power of your gens, I'm happy with the result and I'm ready to buy some extra texture packs, if you bring them out. ;-) 

simontemplar  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

I wish there could be a way to prevent the general body shape of a human figure, when changed to alter the shape of the balls and shaft. Whatever happens to the body seems to distort them unless you keep the character's shape very conventional. Should the guy get thin and tall or stocky and short through third party morphs, serious distortion occurs on the XY. And of course, it's obvious that you cannot create a special morph for every thrid party character out there, as more and more will come out. Could there be a way so just the hip merger section of XY reacts visibly to those third party shape?

I tried it on the Galactic Titan (huge and musculous, a Thanos lookalike by Sixus)), on some goblins (small) too and poor XY goes all funky :p

thedeadjester  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post

I wish there could be a way to prevent the general body shape of a human figure, when changed to alter the shape of the balls and shaft. Whatever happens to the body seems to distort them unless you keep the character's shape very conventional. Should the guy get thin and tall or stocky and short through third party morphs, serious distortion occurs on the XY. And of course, it's obvious that you cannot create a special morph for every thrid party character out there, as more and more will come out. Could there be a way so just the hip merger section of XY reacts visibly to those third party shape?

I tried it on the Galactic Titan (huge and musculous, a Thanos lookalike by Sixus)), on some goblins (small) too and poor XY goes all funky :p

I am no expert but I agree with you simontemplar. Something like Rigidity groups not help here? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/rigidity/start 

Again, not an expert dbxxx, you are definately leagues ahead of me here, just trying to help because I like the product.

dbxxx  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:50:52 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Thank you thedeadjester, that looks like it could do the trick. Didn't know about that. I see an update coming....
thedeadjester  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:26:08 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Thank you thedeadjester, that looks like it could do the trick. Didn't know about that. I see an update coming....

Glad a dummy like me can be of some use once a while :) I look forward to the update, this product is super exciting and can't wait to see it live up to its potential!!

thanks 1 user thanked thedeadjester for this useful post.
matt on 9/5/2018(UTC)
simontemplar  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:41:38 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

I'll be looking forward to such an update :) Good spotting, Jester :)
thedeadjester  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:50:41 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Just an update: I tried this myself and I actually got it to work somewhat. I didn't do a complex weight map (something that could be used to make the effect better) but I used this to blanket restrict the morphing effect on the shaft and dangly bits... this WORKED! Again, should be enhanced with a proper weight-map. Also, some of the character morphs themselves needed to be dialed to 0; something else to workout in the product update but it is an encouraging experiment.

dbxxx  
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:52:13 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

XY has been updated, try it now.
thedeadjester  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:19:18 AM(UTC)
thedeadjester

XY has been updated, try it now.

Awesome man! I didn't know that there wa an update; store page didn't show anything. Looks great so far, one issue I did notice. Characters that affect the hip scale, or maybe the hip y position (no idea which) seem to mess up the rig all together. This guy for instance:

https://www.daz3d.com/dolb-hd-for-ollie-8

When you apply his body morph to the character the whole rig comes away from the body. Using the supplied adjustment morphs fix the front (somewhat) but the anus is still WAAAY outside the hip area. 

I can't take the time to post a pic right now (this site is so frustrating when it comes to quickly adding an image to a post). I will post pics tomorrow night if you are not sure what I am talking about.

Thanks for working on improving this wonderful product!!

-DJ

thedeadjester  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:57:34 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Okay, I CANNOT put pictures in the forums... it either doesn't like Chrome or the javascript is being blocked by something... this is RIDICULOUS... not sure what happened but I am UNABLE to add a gallery item here... the frame is messed up when I click (add gallery item)... Also, why the HELL can't I just simply paste the image in here... this is 2018!

Anyway, DB please look at my gallery under "Issues to report" folder / Issues to Report 1 +2 are the screenshots... 

I am VERY frustrated with this board right now... 

dbxxx  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:35:54 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

I checked with CG bytes and as I thought we can't do that. If I include that then we can not sell it as it could then be used for CP. That characters body is little boys size. That's the law, sorry.