3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjw  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:01:00 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
I also avoid being caught by the payme/payme approach, but Adobe Photoshop Express is still a one-off payment. MS Office is difficult. It is so very much better than other programs. I have earlier versions for which I have paid outright, but I am not sure what happens if I buy the single-payment version currently available. Does it close itself down after the year end, or does MS simply stop supporting it? I wonder how much trade Adobe has lost due to its subs system.
mjw  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:01:57 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
There are good alternatives, like Serif Photoplus, but using Adobe paintbrushes is impossible, and I have loads of Deviney's.
shadoman  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:38:28 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
I also avoid being caught by the payme/payme approach, but Adobe Photoshop Express is still a one-off payment. MS Office is difficult. It is so very much better than other programs. I have earlier versions for which I have paid outright, but I am not sure what happens if I buy the single-payment version currently available. Does it close itself down after the year end, or does MS simply stop supporting it? I wonder how much trade Adobe has lost due to its subs system.

I think it's a one year subscription You know if they do that they should give $$ off for a yearly payment.

I have this life policy and if I pay by the year I save $75 over the cost of paying it quarterly... The software rentals should offer discounts if you pay by the year.
Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
KTdid  
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 10:53:35 AM(UTC)
KTdid

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I should be working but this discussion caught my eye.

I'm a baby boomer generation, tail end of it anyway but there was life before the Internet. Anyone remember BBS's? They would scan magazine and post... old way of pirating. And yes, this was before CDs and MP3s.

Anyway, the idea of stuff on the Internet is "free" started with the birth of the Internet. Coders shared their code. Lotus 123, before it became that was free to anyone who had a compiler. If there is someone to blame for taking this "utopian" way of sharing, look to Bill Gates, who took DOS, changed it a bit for IBM and sold it to them. Then all hell broke loose.

But that's not why I am posting today. In an earlier post, someone stated that if you want something, make it yourself. Well, I am living testament that it can be done. I played around in Poser 8 when it was brand new. Man I put that down pretty fast and I purchased that too. I also purchased zBrush. But that was a while back when my MS was still controlled better. Today, it is controlled but it takes longer for me to do anything. Anyway, about November 2015, I was looking to see if I could make a game. Had no idea what kind or even how to go about it. That's when I ran into DAZ Studio. I downloaded all of their free stuff and started to 'play.'

Before long, I wanted to make my own stuff because the stuff for sale just wasn't quite right. zBrush still sat dormant because of my coordination problems but Blender... steep learning curve. All I wanted was the simplest modeler out there. I found Hexagon. Yeah, it still crashes a lot but for my purposes of starting out, it was perfect. I think I purchased Hexagon for $8 US and since I already had a back ground in using 3D, I understood what was supposed to happen and in my early career, I was in advertising, so Hexagon was perfect for bridging that gap of 2d to 3d. I still use it too.

So for those who are pirating, this guy with MS is making stuff. If you are good enough to figure out how to pirate software, be breaking the DRM or just knowing where and how to use torrents, you are smart enough and able enough to make your own stuff, heck, even create your own comic series. There is always room in the water. Remember that Blender, GIMP and DAZStudio are all FREE to use!
- KTdid
Darkseal  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 12:21:08 AM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkylineStudio4 Go to Quoted Post
Trying to fight piracy is stupid anyway... I also don't care if people pirate my stuff, you can make way more money working an actual job versus selling Digital product online. ...

For some people, like myself, this IS an "actual" job. I don't want to rant or cry here but times are tough. I can't find work in my area and I am in a major metropolitan area. Sure you can find 2 part time 15/hr a week minimum wage job, but that doesn't pay the mortgage or keep the internet going to upload more content...

Supporting content creators with making purchases keeps the content coming. Stop the income and the content will stop. It is very simple.

Kudos to DOC, he's helped me more than a few times. And, I thank god that Renderotica cares enough to have someone like him fighting the good fight, for those who care and survive on the income that our content generates.

nerd
sean_martin  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:12:43 AM(UTC)
sean_martin

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Darkseal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SkylineStudio4 Go to Quoted Post
Trying to fight piracy is stupid anyway... I also don't care if people pirate my stuff, you can make way more money working an actual job versus selling Digital product online. ...

For some people, like myself, this IS an "actual" job.nerd

I am always flabbergasted by people who think the creative fields arent *really* work...

Ayami  
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 2:09:22 PM(UTC)
Ayami

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post

...one in particular is Maartje24.

Maartje24, Utrecht, Netherlands.

Cam girl referred to or mentioned several times
in Dutch by other cam girls on Twitter.

She has a profile on www.twero.com
where she claims as of 2018 to be 27.

This might help admins narrow down
the search for her Renderotica profile.

Sutut  
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:02:51 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)

For something constructive to say - on software - I vouch highly for Affinity software.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Comparable to the "Shop" and one time and low prices.  If you check my gallery a few tutorials on how to do fancy things with it, like editing internal camera shots and cutting them into larger pictures, etc.  No, I don't get any kickbacks from them - just glad there's a good, easy to use software suite that's pretty cheap and does what anyone would want it to - no need to subscribe to a subscription racket or pirate something.

They have an excellent photo editor, a vector program and are working on a word processor/display thing.  I've used them since they were "Serif" and used them to assemble one of my novels. (a non-adult one)

You can also work on - or export to - "The shop" but otherwise its very easy to use WYSIWYG software good for editing that photo so you don't have to do 2 dozen render passes or assembling a .PDF

Good "Fair Competition" to the "Shop"s racket that seems designed to force a cause for piracy.  One Man's Opinion.

Zaavaleta  
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:06:45 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Interesting thread. I was reading the shadoman post about how having a Renderotica watermark makes it easier to take down pirated images from copycat sites. So is it ok for us to add a Renderotica watermark to things we upload, or does someone at the site do that?

Ayami  
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 6:39:46 AM(UTC)
Ayami

I got a reply from Maartje24 re her posting of my art on Imagefap. 
She believes it is not illegal to redistribute art from galleries here.

Quote:

Hai,
I don't know witch pictures you mean: in wich gallery are your pictures.
And by the way, all the pictures I post are from the public part of the gallerys 
of deviant and renderotica. By putting them in a public gallerie they are not part of copyright.

I informed her she is being investigated.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:22:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

drafter69  
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:34:41 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am curious about what the law says about this. I am also curious to know if various countries have different laws.
Ayami  
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:23:36 PM(UTC)
Ayami

Originally Posted by: drafter69 Go to Quoted Post

I am curious about what the law says about this. I am also curious to know if various countries have different laws.

https://www.renderotica....lp/terms-of-service.aspx

Site Terms and Conditions of Use 

"4. Conduct on Site

...you agree that you will not upload, share, post, 
or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- 
including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data,
or other information -- that:...

c. infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, 
right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party

6. Intellectual Property Information

You may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit,
or distribute any documents or information from this site in any form 
or by any means without prior written permission from us 
or the specific content provider, and you are solely responsible for 
obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that 
is available on this site. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing 
on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable 
laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties."

I think Renderotica is registered under Canadian law.
Many of its users are protected by USA and EU law as well, 
as per country of residence.

Imagefap's Terms of Service also forbid copyright infringement, 
under USA law, but they seem not care for enforcing it.

https://www.imagefap.com/termsofservice.php

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:23:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Formatting

Thunder-3D  
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:40:00 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 157 post(s)

Just curious, is this person claiming to have created the artwork? Was the image originally posted in a public venue for free? Are they charging to view it or in some other way profiting from the display of it?

drafter69  
#34 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:00:30 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
(6. Intellectual Property Information

You may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit,
or distribute any documents or information from this site in any form
or by any means without prior written permission from us
or the specific content provider, and you are solely responsible for
obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that
is available on this site. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing
on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable )

Just curious. Is this the law or is this the rules that renderotica has decided on?
Who is the copyright holder? The artist or Renderotica?

I know this is a complex issue as every country seems to have it's own rules.
Can it be enforced against someone who is not making any money showing someone else's property?
Ayami  
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:25:40 PM(UTC)
Ayami

Renderotica's Terms and Conditions of  Use 
reflect the laws of most, but not all countries.

People should be aware of their own laws, 
which can often be read on the web servers of 
most universities that teach law.

Thunder-3D  
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:32:30 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Can it be enforced against someone who is not making any money showing someone else's property?

That's the part I'm curious about too. I'm admittedly ignorant on this exact situation, and I'm a vendor so I'm obviously against work that anyone here intends to make money from being redstributed for profit by another person. They shouldn't even be redistributing it for free if the original work was intended for purchase, that breaks a number of commerce laws before you even get into copyright laws.. But I'm not sure about someone reposting a free, publicly displayed image, for free?

Maybe I'm missing part of the story here? Were these images behind the Premier paywall and being charged points to see? Or is someone reposting images, that were displayed for free, not behind a paywall or sold in a product package, no protection at all?

Piracy is bad enough on items that vendors like myself publish and go to great lengths to protect, but when I post an image to this gallery or any free gallery, I do it assuming "once it's on the open internet, it's everywhere".

Am I missing part of the story? :)

Ayami  
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:50:38 PM(UTC)
Ayami

In law, if various circumstances and conditions
are not explicit in detail, they are left to interpretation.

Since premium and free content are not described separately
as different in the Terms and Conditions of Use,
their legal status as intellectual property is the same.
Zaavaleta  
#38 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 5:09:28 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

... But I'm not sure about someone reposting a free, publicly displayed image, for free?..

I'm pretty sure the law still applies. It depends on the website's terms and conditions. Some sites are cool with people stealing images, others aren't. I don't know what Renderotica's terms are.

I don't think making a profit matters at all. If you rig up your wi-fi router and set up a server to stream the Disney Channel to all your neighbors, even though you aren't making a profit, you're going to get a knock on your door pretty soon. Enforcement is usually the responsibility of the property owner (do you have enough money to go after the thieves) and if the thieves aren't making a profit, it just may not be cost effective to go after them. It's still illegal, no doubt.

shadoman  
#39 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 5:46:05 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

well it's good to finally know the culprit    Maartje24 that posts our work and yes she is wrong to do so.

first and foremost, our culprit should read the "DO NOT POST" info at ImageFAP that claims Renderotica Images are not to be posted on their sight.

But to do so,  there needs to be a renderotica Logo on the image and placed where it cannot be cropped out

Premier Artist have a set of overlays we use to place on our images,  they simply say Renderotica Premier

Now for post in the free galleries, artist can simply Mark their images With some sort of Renderotica Logo and if you look at some of BODO's art in the main gallery you will see he uses a silver Renderotica Overlay, but if placed near the edge,  the overlay can be cropped.

Renderotica will not go after main gallery images even if they have some sort of Renderotica Logo attached.

Only Premier Art and any of our comics in the store that are exclusive to Renderotica will DCMA be issued

If you see such art at  say ImageFAP or other site you can contact Renderotica via [email protected] along with the offending link

You can also offer the info you have on this  Maartje24 and perhaps Admin cam locate what username she is now using here by her profile data and then maybe they can ban her URL from the website.

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Thunder-3D  
#40 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 5:49:47 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Thanks for the clarification Shado :)