41 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WritenWrong  
#41 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 5:53:00 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
New character, crashes daz when adding new gens in IRAY, not in 3Dlight.

I made sure it would add to another character and checked that that other character had IRAY in the surfaces section.

http://www.daz3d.com/ill...s-for-genesis-3-female-s

She's hot imo, the new model.

(I also tried the script in the first post and still crashes.)

EDIT
I loaded Genesis 3 default character; loaded the Illicites 3Delight tectures, then used Materials > Victoria 7 Iray and used Ctrl to keep the Illicites textures. It worked that way.

I have updated the script, please try again.
The main problem of this character is that she uses a temporary texture generated by LIE.
So my script could not recognize this temporary texture correctly.

Looking good now, ty.
Thank you for the extra morphs too.

Any news on the hair?

Juppomat  
#42 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 4:45:46 PM(UTC)
Juppomat

drool .. whattabout.. - "happy gettin organized G2F / G2M . / V6 / M6 - yet"

- OMG (Thanx lot)
#
- wow: NewGens & EasyTuse-Interface
- hmm..: fück-ö-bt.. VM7

Lali: nice

auf teutonisch/deutsch/alemangne/german/ Victoria4/M4: war gut / Genesis 1: "Win Vista.." / G2: ;)-
(just dated V6 & Sisters - i´d got loveley hours - just necognize any NEED "pourladammeneuve" . called V7..

--

cursing
.. neither M7/G7/
----------

JUPPOMAT
3feetwolf  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:35:22 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rockmongrels Go to Quoted Post
I tried to render in Reality 4.0 and the materials do not match in the render, the skins are not matching the rest of V7. Should I just wait till Reality 4.1? I understand reality 4.0 is not set up for V7 skins yet... I always use Reality because you can adjust lights on the fly, something Iray is not even close too. Ohh BTW I contacted Reality a few days ago about what maps to use in Reality, they said to use the 3delight maps not the Iray maps, if that helps.
TIA
-R confused

Hello, I re-downloaded and installed the Reality4 (4.0.7.61 Win64) .
After some test renders, I did not encounter problems.
Of course, I need to tweak the material settings to achieve the best result, but I think Reality 4 should be able to work for V7 gens.
I hope this can help you : )
3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
reality_scene.png
3feetwolf  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:39:22 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

New character, crashes daz when adding new gens in IRAY, not in 3Dlight.

I made sure it would add to another character and checked that that other character had IRAY in the surfaces section.

http://www.daz3d.com/ill...s-for-genesis-3-female-s

She's hot imo, the new model.

(I also tried the script in the first post and still crashes.)

EDIT
I loaded Genesis 3 default character; loaded the Illicites 3Delight tectures, then used Materials > Victoria 7 Iray and used Ctrl to keep the Illicites textures. It worked that way.

I have updated the script, please try again.
The main problem of this character is that she uses a temporary texture generated by LIE.
So my script could not recognize this temporary texture correctly.

Looking good now, ty.
Thank you for the extra morphs too.

Any news on the hair?

Sorry, I haven't started making the hair propblink

3feetwolf  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:42:57 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Juppomat Go to Quoted Post
drool .. whattabout.. - "happy gettin organized G2F / G2M . / V6 / M6 - yet"

- OMG (Thanx lot)
#
- wow: NewGens & EasyTuse-Interface
- hmm..: fück-ö-bt.. VM7

Lali: nice

auf teutonisch/deutsch/alemangne/german/ Victoria4/M4: war gut / Genesis 1: "Win Vista.." / G2: ;)-
(just dated V6 & Sisters - i´d got loveley hours - just necognize any NEED "pourladammeneuve" . called V7..

--

cursing
.. neither M7/G7/
----------

Uh, sorry, I do not understand. . .pray
Hamer66  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:24:36 AM(UTC)
Hamer66

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
3feetwolf, A big thank you for another great product and support (new morphs, fixing the skin script issues so quickly)!

Just needed to say that, because i find you're support and commitment really amazing (own all you're products). Instant buys for me wow
3feetwolf  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 2:45:45 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Hamer66 Go to Quoted Post
3feetwolf, A big thank you for another great product and support (new morphs, fixing the skin script issues so quickly)!

Just needed to say that, because i find you're support and commitment really amazing (own all you're products). Instant buys for me wow

Thanks matehappy
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Rockmongrels on 7/30/2015(UTC)
jyrender77  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:24:09 AM(UTC)
jyrender77

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any chance you might do a piercing add on for the genitals?
cheesymaid  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:54:44 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jyrender77 Go to Quoted Post
Any chance you might do a piercing add on for the genitals?

That is a great idea. Clit and labia piercings that move with the morphs, like the pubic hair can move.

Non-moving piercings are a flaw in existing piercings, although I haven't tried it with the new V7 genitals. I don't expect the result to be much different, sadly.
Jogitech  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:18:25 PM(UTC)
Jogitech

1+ that good idee
tattooedillusions  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 5:55:21 PM(UTC)
tattooedillusions

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Piercings=huge YES!! haha. Awesome idea jy!
3feetwolf  
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:42:02 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Sorry for being late, the upgrade package for Eva 7 has been uploaded, please go to the first page to download.
I also added an explanation about the update for the other new characters, please take a look.
nightwolf1982  
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:28:45 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
My dear customers, I regret to tell you a bad news.
Andrew has contacted me, and the results of our discussions is that I can not continue to offer free upgrade packages for the new gens V7.
So if DAZ release new figures in the future, such as Aiko 7, Olympia 7, Stephanie 7 and so on. The Corresponding upgrade packages I created for the new gens V7 will be added to the store as separate products.
This is a tough decision, please forgive me...

So, we'll have to pay for future updates?
cheesymaid  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 12:35:21 AM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Well, you've more than provided enough support for this one so far. The New Gens for V6 didn't have half this functionality.

If you can work on products like pubic hair and genital piercings for the New Gens for V7 prop, I think a lot of us would be happy to purchase those.
nightwolf1982  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 12:57:58 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Perhaps a tutorial on how to create textures manually, or to add new character UV's to the script might be in order.
Dareshiranu  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 1:42:24 AM(UTC)
Dareshiranu

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I rarely post (to any forum). I've been buying products for Daz Studio for years (without using them, btw... my intention is to start when I retire, a month from now when I have free time). So while i admit that I have a limited understanding of the technology involved I do pay attention to the evolution and marketing of these things.

As I understand it the new figure uses a tech that creates a problem for a "generic" genital morph set with matching textures and 3feetwolf has needed to provide tweaks for any figure just to make them match, not just "core" figures like Gia or Aiko. In among these tweaks (so far) the package itself has been expanded in capacity. In a way this level of
support must just make the other vendors look bad, since they can't or don't bother to improve their products with this level of enthusiasm. The package for V6 had a texture creator that could be used to do your own character adaptation that seemingly is not possible for G3/V7 so no do-it-yourself.

So is 3feetwolf supposed to sell a separate genital for EVERY G3 figure that is released? I've just about finished installing my content (117GB so far) so I'm pretty used to buying stuff, but that does seem a bit... silly, doesn't it? Every new skinned/morphed character gets a new genital? From Daz and *deleted*? His (?) store
will quickly become the largest on Renderotica. Just to be fair, I've purchased everyone's G3 genital morph packages, partially because I didn't want to miss out on the sale price and partly to compare them. Lately I've read that they may synergize well, at least some of them. But 3feetwolf's support is just so much more... more.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone, I'm grateful that this site exists and that 3feetwolf has created such a good product, I'm just assuming at this point that what I've read in the fora is accurate and that would mean that either the other artists packages match every figure perfectly and require no adjustment, which would mean that everything I've read about
this package is somehow false and all the efforts of 3feetwolf to make his genital textures match new Daz non-core figures was unnecessary (obviously untrue based on this thread) or that nobody is using anyone else's packages, so no support threads exist for those packages.

I'll finish by saying that although I haven't yet used your morphs, I'm happy to have them and disappointed that this site has decided to prevent it's customers from having the excellent support you've clearly provided in order to monetize every skin that gets produced apparently. Or do genitals just get put on mainline G3/V7 and variants get the shaft?
cheesymaid  
#57 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 2:04:36 AM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Well, there have been a couple different issues... but the main thing with Eva 7 is that she has a completely different UV map from Victoria 7. That's a non-trivial change because you'd need to do that in a 3D modeling program & re-wrap the textures around the prop with the new UV.

Figures based on V7 or G3F? These already use existing UVs, so any problems have more to do with the scripting. I don't think 3feetwolf's post says that script fixes in this case would require a new product... and, actually, these aren't so hard to fix on your own.

As I read it, something with a new UV would require a separate product here. This is pretty much exclusive to major new Daz models like Victoria 7, Eva 7, the upcoming Bethany 7, and potential future releases such as Stephanie 7, Olympia 7, Aiko 7, and so on.
3feetwolf  
#58 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 2:32:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post
Well, there have been a couple different issues... but the main thing with Eva 7 is that she has a completely different UV map from Victoria 7. That's a non-trivial change because you'd need to do that in a 3D modeling program & re-wrap the textures around the prop with the new UV.

Figures based on V7 or G3F? These already use existing UVs, so any problems have more to do with the scripting. I don't think 3feetwolf's post says that script fixes in this case would require a new product... and, actually, these aren't so hard to fix on your own.

As I read it, something with a new UV would require a separate product here. This is pretty much exclusive to major new Daz models like Victoria 7, Eva 7, the upcoming Bethany 7, and potential future releases such as Stephanie 7, Olympia 7, Aiko 7, and so on.

Yes, the script fixes is still free.
Only the new UV characters such as Eva 7 needs the upgrade package.
3feetwolf  
#59 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 3:39:49 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Dareshiranu Go to Quoted Post
I rarely post (to any forum). I've been buying products for Daz Studio for years (without using them, btw... my intention is to start when I retire, a month from now when I have free time). So while i admit that I have a limited understanding of the technology involved I do pay attention to the evolution and marketing of these things.

As I understand it the new figure uses a tech that creates a problem for a "generic" genital morph set with matching textures and 3feetwolf has needed to provide tweaks for any figure just to make them match, not just "core" figures like Gia or Aiko. In among these tweaks (so far) the package itself has been expanded in capacity. In a way this level of
support must just make the other vendors look bad, since they can't or don't bother to improve their products with this level of enthusiasm. The package for V6 had a texture creator that could be used to do your own character adaptation that seemingly is not possible for G3/V7 so no do-it-yourself.

So is 3feetwolf supposed to sell a separate genital for EVERY G3 figure that is released? I've just about finished installing my content (117GB so far) so I'm pretty used to buying stuff, but that does seem a bit... silly, doesn't it? Every new skinned/morphed character gets a new genital? From Daz and *deleted*? His (?) store
will quickly become the largest on Renderotica. Just to be fair, I've purchased everyone's G3 genital morph packages, partially because I didn't want to miss out on the sale price and partly to compare them. Lately I've read that they may synergize well, at least some of them. But 3feetwolf's support is just so much more... more.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone, I'm grateful that this site exists and that 3feetwolf has created such a good product, I'm just assuming at this point that what I've read in the fora is accurate and that would mean that either the other artists packages match every figure perfectly and require no adjustment, which would mean that everything I've read about
this package is somehow false and all the efforts of 3feetwolf to make his genital textures match new Daz non-core figures was unnecessary (obviously untrue based on this thread) or that nobody is using anyone else's packages, so no support threads exist for those packages.

I'll finish by saying that although I haven't yet used your morphs, I'm happy to have them and disappointed that this site has decided to prevent it's customers from having the excellent support you've clearly provided in order to monetize every skin that gets produced apparently. Or do genitals just get put on mainline G3/V7 and variants get the shaft?

Uh, might be my poor English made you feel confused...

If daz release a figure with a new UV in the future, I need to provide an upgrade package for her, so that the new gens V7 can be applied to this figure.
This upgrade package contains the new UV set, modified script and a set of texture template.
Once you install the upgrade package, then you can apply the new gens to any other characters which use the same new UV.
So I don't need to sell a separate genital prop for every g3 figure is released.

Andrew supports me to continue to provide good service for my customers.
But he felt that when daz keep selling the new figures, I spend a lot of time to make the free upgrade package is not fair.
I also agree with him. So I decided to sell these upgrade package separately.
3feetwolf  
#60 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 4:12:15 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps a tutorial on how to create textures manually, or to add new character UV's to the script might be in order.

I personally think that the approach to the new characters of V7 gens is much better than the V6 version.
In the past one year, I have created psd templates, texture creator, material presets for V6 gens. In the end it still could not supports many g2f characters.
But I am confident that the V7 gens will support all the g3f characters.