Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thunder-3D  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 3:55:30 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Manual installation of DAZ Studio content is fairly simple. This post will attempt to guide you through your first manual install. The below is by no means the only way to install products, and other vendors here may instruct you differently. I highly encourage any vendor to add their 2 cents to this thread. :)

I have tried to make these instructions as foolproof as possible, and this is just the simplest way for me to get you started.

Installing a basic set of Poses from a purchased zip file.

First you need to go to the folder that DAZ installs its files to, on my computer it is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\

Yours should be something similar. If you're not sure, inside DAZ Studio, go into your content library pane, and open "DAZ Studio Formats". From there, right click on "My Daz 3D Library" and select "Browse to Folder Location". This will take you straight to your base library folder on your hard drive.

Let's install the Inspiration Poses, COWGIRL Vol I set.

Follow the folder structure:

People\Genesis 3 Female\Poses\

Then add the folder from the zip file \Thunder-3D (with \Cowgirl still inside)

Now if you go to the content library pane, open the following:

Daz Studio Formats, My Daz 3D Library, People, Genesis 3 Female, Poses, Thunder-3D.

You will see your installed "Cowgirl" folder and inside you will see both the G3F and G3M poses in the same folder for convenience. 

Once you have the "Thunder-3D" folder in place, to add other sets (like the Doggy set) just add that folder from the zip file by right clicking the Thunder-3D folder inside DAZ Studio, select "Browse to Folder Location" and drop in the "Doggy" folder from the zip file.

To use the poses, simply select the figure you wish to apply the pose to, then double-click on the pose icon in the appropriate folder. Remember, the poses are created with the base G3 figures so if you use a "morph" like Victoria and/or Michael, you may need to make small adjustments.

Most other content will follow the same basic procedure, though content that includes morphs, image maps, scripts etc. will simply have more folder paths to follow and copy to.

I hope this helped!

mjw  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:48:12 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 62 post(s)
It may be that I am missing something, but it presumably needs to be unzipped at some point? Can't simply use unzipped downloads can we?
Thunder-3D  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:38:48 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
It may be that I am missing something, but it presumably needs to be unzipped at some point? Can't simply use unzipped downloads can we?

Great question!

As long as you can open the zip file (Windows 7 and up have this functionality built-in I believe) you can drag and drop from the zip folder to the destination, and the files will be unzipped automatically as they are moved.

If your OS doesn't open zip files, I would recommend using a free unzipping utility from a safe site like download.com and/or cnet.com.