Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ptrope  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:39:49 PM(UTC)
Ptrope

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm slowly, slowly starting to use the additional features of D|S, and while I have the basic idea of dForce, I'm looking for a very specific use of it and can't get a usable result.

If a figure, either male or female, has a geografted penis, how is the best way to get a dress or even a long t-shirt to drape properly over it? As I understand it, the body parts that need to be covered have to be covered before the simulation, but most dresses don't have enough room in front to cover a penis, either erect or flaccid. I tried applying a dformer to the dress prior to simulation, but it didn't drape downward from the penis in its final form - it abruptly cut back in to the plane across the thighs, when it should have flowed straight downward and even outward.

ntngear  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:55:48 PM(UTC)
ntngear

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Use the timeline to create a simple animation (at least 30 frames, which it'll be by default). In the first frame pose the gens in such a way that it fits underneath the clothing (even if that involves clipping it inside the body, or scaling it to be smaller). In the last frame, pose the gens how you want it to look in the final render. Then do a simulation based off the current timeline (as opposed to a single frame).
matt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:16:57 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ntngear Go to Quoted Post
Use the timeline to create a simple animation (at least 30 frames, which it'll be by default). In the first frame pose the gens in such a way that it fits underneath the clothing (even if that involves clipping it inside the body, or scaling it to be smaller). In the last frame, pose the gens how you want it to look in the final render. Then do a simulation based off the current timeline (as opposed to a single frame).

I agree with this, but I'll modify it slightly to get a better final result. Start moving the penis to the final position BEFORE the final frame. This gives the simulation a little more time to account for it and drape naturally.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
ntngear on 6/19/2019(UTC)