2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trenchdweller  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:04:21 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

On Saturday, April 20th, I made a purchase of www.cgbytes.com 505241 Bodyshots DragiHadzitosic 4/27/2019 9:48:32 PM DragiHadzitosic-Bodyshots.zip I have other products from this person that do work fine. However, no matter what I try, I get this message: "Some assets to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found." data/dragihadzitosic/bodyshots/bodyshot 07/bodyshot 07.dsf runtime/dragihadzitosic-bodyshots-bodyshot 07 r.jpg I checked the file locations and the dsf. and jpg.files were there. I loaded the files by dropping everything in the zip. file into 'My Daz Library' The files show up in my content, but do not work. It seems that every file I buy that is to be sent to 'My Library' screws up. I need help, explanation, or reimbursement  Thanks for any help.

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:07:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Trenchdweller attached the following image(s):
Missing files.JPG
matt  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:17:53 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

I have bodyshots, and they all work fine. I'll let the content creator weigh in, but I'm going to say that you have an install error.

Trenchdweller  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:53:45 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Matt? I own a couple of Drags products. I agree. His other products work as expected. I'm not knocking him. My only other choice is to take the hit and keep my mouth shut. As far as to install error? I downloaded it multiple times, (to ensure there was no corruption in the download) installed it as it is typically done, by copying and pasting the content of the zip. file into 'My Daz Library'. It has worked that way 95% of the time. My Daz 4.10 does not seem to like content that is deposited into 'My Library'. Putting it there is like dropping it into a swamp. I have not attempted to change anything regarding 'My Library'. It just seems that anything meant to be sent to My Library is a loss.

Thanks for your comment. All are appreciated.
Dragi  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 9:18:06 AM(UTC)
Dragi

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, I tested the product myself and there is no warning message like that. Everything works fine. Please check your Daz3D version.
My Daz3D is 4.10.0.123
matt  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 9:39:04 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Trenchdweller Go to Quoted Post
Matt? I own a couple of Drags products. I agree. His other products work as expected. I'm not knocking him. My only other choice is to take the hit and keep my mouth shut. As far as to install error? I downloaded it multiple times, (to ensure there was no corruption in the download) installed it as it is typically done, by copying and pasting the content of the zip. file into 'My Daz Library'. It has worked that way 95% of the time. My Daz 4.10 does not seem to like content that is deposited into 'My Library'. Putting it there is like dropping it into a swamp. I have not attempted to change anything regarding 'My Library'. It just seems that anything meant to be sent to My Library is a loss.

Thanks for your comment. All are appreciated.

Do you also have a directory called 'My Daz 3D LIbrary'? If so, you want to drop it in there.

Trenchdweller  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:39:59 AM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Yes, Matt. I was just abbreviating above, thinking that most would understand. I put Daz stuff in 'My Daz 3D LIbrary'. My Poser related content goes in 'Poser 11 content.' Both files are in 'Public Documents'. I copy and pasted it several times. Each time to 'My Daz 3 Library'. Beyond that, I am out of ideas. Drazi? I use version 4.10.0.123 / 8 December 2017. Same as yours.
example.JPG
Trenchdweller  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:43:57 AM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

When I attempt to use the product, after getting the 'missing' comment box, the above is the result I get when I attempt to apply it anyway.
Dragi  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 1:27:03 PM(UTC)
Dragi

Did you try to delete Bodyshots files from My Daz 3d Library and then reinstall it? It seems like DAZ 3D can't find the geometry of Bodyshot 07 on your PC.
Trenchdweller  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 2:25:07 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

I'll try that, Dragi. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks.
example2.JPG
Trenchdweller  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 2:50:47 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Sorry, Dragi. I followed the download file and made sure all parts of it were removed from My Daz 3D Library, with the same problem happening when I reinstalled. I'm afraid I may have deleted some 'facial' files as well. Gotta go check on that, lol.
Akirael  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:44:14 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

I have a similar problem with the dripping creampie from Dragi.

After checking the original downloadable archive-file, I see two folders with the name "creampied" in there. And both have the seemingly missing content. The dripping creampie.dsf as well as the UV set *default.dsf. After installing I had to replace the explicit files from the most recent one in the archive. This way I didn't get rid of all errors, but I got the asset working. 

Dragi  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:09:14 PM(UTC)
Dragi

Hi,
Akirael
If there is double folder in Creampied i will update and reupload the product. But in Bodyshots there is no double folders or anything unusual i double checked.
Trenchdweller, which props doesn't work? I see that Bodyshot 05 and the Bodyshot 07 don't work .
Trenchdweller  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:32:04 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Dragi, I can't get any to work. I checked for the Jpg. and dsf. files. They weren't 'missing' as the message in the block implied. Here is a shot of the way they appear in my 'My Library'.
example3.JPG
Akirael  
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:45:59 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dragi Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Akirael
If there is double folder in Creampied i will update and reupload the product. But in Bodyshots there is no double folders or anything unusual i double checked.
Trenchdweller, which props doesn't work? I see that Bodyshot 05 and the Bodyshot 07 don't work .

I appreciate the sudden response. I know why I recommend your products. :)

The two folders are dated 10.11.2018 and 08.11.2018

Path: DragiHadzitosic-Creampied.zip\My Library\data

Edited by user Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:54:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add description

Dragi  
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:04:06 PM(UTC)
Dragi

Trenchdweller, that is data folder. Bodyshots are located in People/Genesis 8 Female/DragiHadzitosic/DragiHadzitosic-Bodyshots

Akirael,
ok, it will be updated, you will be notified.
Trenchdweller  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 11:24:15 AM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Thank you, Dragi. There was indeed an option for body shots under Genesis 8 female. What I find bewildering, (and I'm sure there's some reasoning behind it) is why when you open the download file, it shows everything going into 'My Library'. An inexperinced user of the product may find it hard to comprehend the installation route. To me, it seemed like everything was dumped into 'My Library'. I had little cause to look elsewhere. No need to explain as it's probably out of my wheelhouse anyway.

One other quick question? In both the Facial and the Bodyshot packages, whenever I add the 'shell' option, The skin color of the body's texture map without fail turns a chalky white. Both pre-render and post-render. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time in answering my apparently unenlightened questions!
Dragi  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:34:32 PM(UTC)
Dragi

Every prop have his own shell. For example:

Load Bodyshot 01 on Genesis 8 Female and then select Bodyshot 01 in the scene and then load Bodyshot 01 Shell on Bodyshot 01.

You probably loaded shell on Genesis.
Trenchdweller  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:22:51 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

I loaded every shell for it's corresponding 'bodyshot', and installed them on a proper Genesis 8 female character, (Libby to be exact). Doesn't matter what character G8F I use, I always get the chalky skin map effect. It's not a deal breaker on my part as it works with no shell good enough for me. I was just curious that I might be applying the shells and Bodyshots incorrectly. The bodyshots work fine without a shell.
I'll include an image using a shell.

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2019 3:05:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

example4.JPG
Trenchdweller  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:21:17 PM(UTC)
Trenchdweller

Dragi? I was wrong. Trenchdweller BAD!!! As far as the chalky issue? I was failing to select the actual bodyshot. This kind of product is new to me and I'm prone to make mistakes. Your product works fine as long as you follow the procedure exactly. Maybe this will or has helped some other poor slomo.
giphy.gif
Dragi  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:23:17 PM(UTC)
Dragi

You can select bodyshot in the scene in Daz3D. With my every product there is Readme file in which are instructions for use. Readme file is located in the Documents folder.
But if there is something wrong I am here to help.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified