Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flesher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:25:04 PM(UTC)
flesher

Hey guys,

I'm totally new to Daz3D and I'm hoping to make some purchases soon.

Here's the character I wish to purchase: https://www.daz3d.com/elysa-character-hair-clothing-bundle

I understand that I need Victoria 8 to make her work, but my question is do I need to buy the Victoria 8 Pro bundle to get 3rd party genitalia to work? Or can I just buy the Victoria 8 base model and be good to go?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, no matter how much research I do.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks!

ProtocolZero  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:03:54 AM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
If you're wanting to use an expansion for DAZ's genital figures (for example, EroticaList's "Juicy Wet Cameltoe" add-on for DAZ's "Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements" figure), then yeah -- you'll need to have purchased at least one Genesis 8 Female pro bundle in order to get the G8F gens. Otherwise, the add-on won't do a thing (other than maybe error out if you tried to use it).

However, if you're wanting to use a stand-alone product for G8F (for example, Meipe's "Golden Palace" or 3feetwolf's "New Gens" products), then no -- those items are their own stand-alone genital figures, and you would not have had to purchase a G8F pro bundle in order to use them.

It's really a question of how much money you have to spend, and what look you're going for. The DAZ gens by themselves are about as basic as you can get, but they're better than leaving your character looking like a Barbie doll between her legs. For anything more, you'll need an add-on or a stand-alone genital figure.

And yeah, I love Raiya's characters, too, and Elysa is gorgeous -- she's a good choice if you do decide to buy her.

Good luck...
Zeppelin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:12:42 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I use G3 figures and have found you do not need to buy the pro packages to use Golden Palace Gens for female characters and Dictator gens for male characters. They work very well. I have not invested in G8, with all the textures and morphs and outfits required for each iteration.Golden Palace makes a version for G8F and XY makes one for G8M. You can tell by looking at the product requirements at the bottom of the product offered, and if it does not list the pro pack from Daz, then its a stand alone product.
flesher  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:34:09 PM(UTC)
flesher

Thanks for the information! SUPER helpful, thank you!
BrimstoneOmega  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 9:12:01 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
As others have stated, no you do not need the Pro Bundle gens to use the actual standalone gens sold here. If you're going for Genesis 8, then you have Dicktator and XY for the guys, and Golden Palace and New Gens For Victoria 8, which are the most popular, but you may also want to look into the genitals made by Sledgehammer. OMGDK for the guys and G8 Female Genitalia (Fem Gens). These are a little different from the other two, as they tend to be a bit less realistic, but at the same time they can be quite useful, and the have a few extra functionalities.

I'd also like to let you know that you don't absolutely NEED Victoria 8, or any character that another character requires. If you want them to look exactly as they are show in the promos, then yeah, the base character is gonna be needed, but most of the time, a character will look just fine with out the base.

Not saying don't get Vicky, she's great and a foundation for a lot of characters, but wait till she is on sale. Get that Elysa bundle you want and play around with her a bit. Learn to use for genital product you bought from here and see how you like things. THen when Vicky is at least %50 off grab her!