Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zededd  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 4:31:10 PM(UTC)
Zededd

I don't like posting desperate pleas for help when I would rather be posting praise, but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm using Tentacle J from the Tentacle Kit, Daz studio, Windows 8.1 on a beast of a PC.

When I load the tentacle figure (easypose bend from tail) there's no issue. but whenever I load a save, it seems that every segment (bone) has left it's start and end point in it's default rigged position.

The result is a totally unusable mess of digital disaster but nothing I do can seem to stop this from happening.

Any ideas, suggestions, tips or amusing observations would be appreciated on this

-Zed

Zededd attached the following image(s):
broken.jpg
broken2.jpg
Anyone who thinks smut isn't art hasn't slaved over a money-shot displacement map
davo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 5:48:23 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 164 post(s)

Wow, I haven't seen that before. So if I understand correctly, when you load the tentacle, it works okay, but if load it after saving it, it comes in all wack? Are you saving a full DS scene or saving the tentacle back to the library and trying to reload it?

I'll have to run this by Freeone, he's the DazStudio conversion partner.  I don't think he's done a legacy DS conversion of these yet.  I'll see what he thinks.

Davo

PS, my amusing observation is that tentacles coming out of toilet scaring some chick is one of the very first poser scenes I've done back in 2001, lol.

freeone  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:48:32 PM(UTC)
freeone

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
There wouldn't be any reason I would see that would happen from a product perspective. The tentacles are easy-pose like many Davo things which work in Daz Studio. Maybe something went wrong in the save. I would load and "save as a scene subset" the tentacle by itself first then use it in whatever scene you create then save that scene.
UserPostedImage
Zededd  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 3:26:38 PM(UTC)
Zededd

So good so far, the "Scene Asset" method seems to be working! Fingers crossed tha fixes it.

I hope it didn't sound like I was blaming the product. I would be quite surprised if anyone else had this much fun. I've been working at breaking mny content database for years hahaa!

I'll let you all know if I find a cause for this (or a way to reliably replicate). For now though, thank you both for your encouragement and support :D

Anyone who thinks smut isn't art hasn't slaved over a money-shot displacement map