Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobinsonUK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

I was wondering if anybody had tried using dforce on genitalia, i.e. I've got a walking figure and I'd like the junk to swing and bump off her leg as she walks.  Has anyone tried using dforce on things like this?  Or is it just not going to work?  When I apply a basic dforce mod and simulate futa, it just explodes (but I'm a dforce noob so most things I do with it explode).

I imagine (or rather hope) that someone has discovered some interesting things about it.  All the tutorials I've found involve squashing a cushion with negative gravity or draping a sheet, i.e. yawn.

simontemplar  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:16:40 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I could be wrong but I think that your problem here is... the cock not being a surface but a volume. A piece of clothing dropped on a couch, for example, is basically hollow fabric and naturally it will fall onto itself.
A cock and balls are volumes and should remain as such. The polys if you apply dforce to them will crash upon each other with unexpected results. In your case: cock 'splosion. What you need (and damn, would I LOVE a product like that) is a way to make the object go ragdoll. I don't kno anything that does it for DS or Poser.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Hamer66  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 3:47:53 AM(UTC)
Hamer66

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Nice idea and would be intrested in such dforce presets.

If it can be done...don't know

There are dforce breast presets (https://www.daz3d.com/fg-dforce-breast-presets-for-genesis-8-female ) that keeps there volume and actually works very nice against other objects. So maybe it is finding the right settings.
RobinsonUK  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 6:09:02 PM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Originally Posted by: Hamer66 Go to Quoted Post

There are dforce breast presets (https://www.daz3d.com/fg-dforce-breast-presets-for-genesis-8-female ) that keeps there volume and actually works very nice against other objects. So maybe it is finding the right settings.

It's a shame all the new dforce stuff is Genesis 8 only.  I have a lot of G3 stuff I'd love to use with it.  Content creators don't seem all that interested though.

Zaavaleta  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:25:44 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: RobinsonUK Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Hamer66 Go to Quoted Post

It's a shame all the new dforce stuff is Genesis 8 only.  I have a lot of G3 stuff I'd love to use with it.  Content creators don't seem all that interested though.

I've gotten some things to work after autofitting to G3. Actually, the majority of stuff I've used has been older clothing that I applied dforce to. It's just a matter of experimenting.

If you're trying to use Futalicious, you'll probably want to avoid the geometry shell, I think it'll just cause problems with the simulation. I think most of my problems with dforce are when cloth has polygons with more than 4 sides (or less than 4). As long as all the polygons are 4 sided, I don't usually have trouble, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

RobinsonUK  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:04:16 PM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

I've gotten some things to work after autofitting to G3. Actually, the majority of stuff I've used has been older clothing that I applied dforce to. It's just a matter of experimenting.

If you're trying to use Futalicious, you'll probably want to avoid the geometry shell, I think it'll just cause problems with the simulation. I think most of my problems with dforce are when cloth has polygons with more than 4 sides (or less than 4). As long as all the polygons are 4 sided, I don't usually have trouble, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Yes, some things work.  A lot have problems during simulation though.