Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skeeter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:09:25 AM(UTC)
Skeeter

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Total Noob here. Hoping someone can help. I installed GP Gens for G8F and it worked fine. I applied to several figures/ characters with no issues. A few weeks after installing, it has ceased to work properly. When I load it the gens are only partially visible, and the shade stays the same as the figure's skin. Using the parameters tab I can slightly increase size, but they're still mostly hidden. It's as if the figure's normal shell and the GP shell are fighting to be dominant. I have tried loading on G8F w/ no gens and normal skin, multiple characters,  doesn't matter: same result. I may have accidentally changed something causing this but I can't figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached pic to show what I'm getting. Thanks!

Skeeter attached the following image(s):
GP fault.jpg
Meipe  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 10:47:40 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Skeeter  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 9:59:35 AM(UTC)
Skeeter

Thanks, but I checked on parenting, still parented to the G8F. I downloaded v2 and used DIM to install, seems to have installed OK but it does the same thing. Now that I think about it, I manually installed v2 a week or so ago when you released, and that's when this started. Could I have overwritten/moved something by mistake during my install, so now GP doesn't work properly?
Masterstroke  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:07:42 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Is the geometry editor selected? in that case geocrafted items are not attached. Just switch to translate, rotate or universal mode and it should work again.

Skeeter  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:38:17 AM(UTC)
Skeeter

Fixed! Thanks for the advice. I'm still not sure what I did, but while researching the solutions you both suggested, I came across a post on another forum that talked about re-setting the workspace to reset the settings. I did so and it works fine now. I think I changed the settings after I originally installed the update...just don't know which ones...should just leave well enough alone!
thanks 1 user thanked Skeeter for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/24/2018(UTC)